2023 Report

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I doubt this will happen again. I flew just one leg of one trip this year. Everything else was on Amtrak. Maybe in retirement I'll be able to put together a similar year -- though being on SWA's dime for a cross-country trip after being stranded in their meltdown a year ago definitely helped lessen the financial impact of all of this. I hope to not be in that situation again.

These are my 2023 data:

13,000+ miles
Coach, Business, Roomette, Bedroom, Family Bedroom, Accessible Bedroom
Zephyr both ways, Capitol Limited both ways, SW Chief all the way westward (and again ABQ-LA), Lake Shore Limited east to NYC, Coast Starlight all the way up, Cascades to Vancouver, Crescent for a few hundred miles, Surfliner LA-Grover Beach, NE Regional NYC-DC, Capitol Corridor for various runs.

I have my routines at the DC, Chicago and LA lounges and look forward to an opportunity to explore more at Moynihan (wow).

I've seen two bald eagles, one flying along with us just 30 yards out near the Utah-Colorado border, and herd of 30+ deer watching us go by in eastern New Mexico.

I did not make Executive status.

I'll have the omelette or continental breakfast, the salad for lunch, the salmon or steak for dinner -- any dessert is fine, but I probably only need half. Thai noodles on the flexible.

My only real recommendation is don't miss the Zephyr in winter. That is just magical.

Last edited:
Back