3 in a roomette?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

choochoodood

Service Attendant
I was wondering if Amtrak allows three to a roomette in certain instances?

My situation is that I am traveling CLE to EMY. I have two roomettes booked for three people on the CZ for the two-night trip.

However, I have coach seats on the LSL for the CLE-CHI segment. Can I buy (add) one Viewliner roomette for the "basically daytime" trip (3:45 am to 9:45 am)? Since the upper bunk does not interfere with the seats, my wife and I could sit in the seats and my daughter can snooze in the bunk.

I realize that only 2 breakfasts would be included, but that's not an issue.

Before I try booking this, I figured someone out there would know the protocol.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen 4 in a Roomette before, a "Mom" and 3 kids, including a baby who if wasn't puking all over the Roomette was crawling unsupervised in the hallway. Both the Sleeper Attendant and the Conductor on the first segment had to study the situation and found out it was somehow legal! Needless to say the Attendant was far from happy about it and somewhere in Texas he finally gave the woman a stern lecture about keeping control of her kids.

It depends upon your daughter's age.

Roomettes:

2 adults

1 adult 2 children

1 adult 3 children

4 children

All passengers ticketed for sleeper space, meals are included.

You'll need to call, there have been allowances for "Day trips" in rooms where the beds aren't used, but test bookings on Amtrak.com for 3 show that the system makes you book 2 Roomettes (on the CL, not the LSL)and the Cleveland to CHI price is over $600!!! Not worth it for a "Day Trip"!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back