3021 or, the bus from longview, to fort worth on train 21

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jdcnosse

Lead Service Attendant
I'm currently approaching longview, TX, and thought I'd post about the bus for anyone who was wondering.

Update 1: just boarded the bus, leaving longview now (9am). There was 3 full size busses and a shuttle/mini bus. The mini bus was for Mineola, then there was a full size bus for Dallas, and 2 full size busses for Fort Worth and beyond.

Watching Jumanji, and got a "breakfast" (being a coach passenger) that consisted of cheese and crackers, dehydrated fruit, and shortbread cookies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Except for having to break camp and set back up if you are reboarding the Eagle in FTW or LVW, it doesn't sound too bad, especially if they are using dedicated buses for each of the intermediate stops. I'm imaging unless DAL or FTW traffic is really bad, they can make the run faster than the train.

Except for having to break camp and set back up if you are reboarding the Eagle in FTW or LVW, it doesn't sound too bad, especially if they are using dedicated buses for each of the intermediate stops. I'm imaging unless DAL or FTW traffic is really bad, they can make the run faster than the train.
Pretty much lol that's the only downfall is having to pack everything back up and then set up again. I agree that having dedicated busses was the nest option, especially since there's only 2 stops between FTW and LVW (exclusive). We're supposed to be in Fort Worth in a little bit, passed Six Flags Over Texas not too long ago.

Also, there is very little feet space (even when I compare it to the Viewliner because I'm spoiled with superliners lol

Arrived outside FTW around 11:30am...well before the regularly scheduled time. Won't leave until 3pm since the 22 doesn't arrive until 2pm.

EDIT: Supposed to be getting on our way here, we we're scheduled to leave at 3:10 but we're 40 minutes late out of FTW. We weren't able to board until nearly 3:10pm

How crowded were the buses?

Also, what happens if someone wants to travel from DAL or Mineola to SAS?

How crowded were the buses?

Also, what happens if someone wants to travel from DAL or Mineola to SAS?
We rode in a small Mini-Bus (those coming/going to Longview and Mineola rode on Regular Charter Biusses that looked nice!) from DAL-FTW this weekend, only 10 of us for the one hour trip! If you are riding from Mineola or Dallas, youll be bussed to FTW and catch the Eagle 1021 which has been turned upon arrival (it's the #22 Eagle from SAS-FTW that left that morning @ 7:00AM from SAS). The schedule has been pushed back one hour to 3:15PM to leave FTW but there is lots of freight congestion on the UP Main in FTW and South of AUS so you will probably run 1-3 hours down into SAS on the Eagle!! This is all supposed to be finished by the first of Feb!! :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back