3rd Times a Charm with Chase

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Acela150

Super Buff
Well the common phrase "the third time is the charm" actually was true with my AGR Chase CC applications. The first was a couple years ago just for the heck of it. Then back in February I applied. Was turned down again. So I got a CC from Bank of America as they told me some facts about my credit that I was thankful for. Thanks Mom...... :lol: So I figured at the beginning of the week I'd apply thinking I'd get denied again. But when it was done loading after I applied. The screen that loaded claimed I was "Instantly Approved". I thought who's pulling this sick joke? :lol: So I just got off the phone with Chase and they said I was approved and they have an account set up and will send out a card shortly. So I guess it wasn't a sick joke. :)

Which leads me to ask, How long did it take everyone who has the AGR CC to get their card? I just find it bizzare that they said with in 7-10 days and Monday starts the time period. Wednesday is the Deadline. While I guess it's coming from Delaware and I'm pretty much a arm lengths away via 476 and a quick trip down 95. It seems like a stretch to me.

I got mine earlier this year and I don't remember it taking that long. I also got a Holiday Inn card from chase and I know I applied while on vacation when we checked in on a Sunday and it was in my mail that was delivered the following Saturday!

Chase credit cards HQ might be in Delaware, but I think they mail the cards from Ohio. It takes them a few days to get to your card in the production queue and then it gets mailed out. Not uncommon to wait a couple of weeks for a card to arrive after approval.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't recall getting my card particularly late, but I, too, had trouble getting approved initially. I got denied for not having enough active credit (despite having very good credit). I had to call them and explain the error of their ways -- plus gave them the business for treating an existing bank customer in such a manner.

It took only a week or so to get my card (back in May) but the initial credit limit was pitifully low. However, after talking with their CSR, I switched the credit limit from a "Disney" card (I rarely used) to the Amtrak card, we were both happy. Chase issues so many "privately branded" cards I had forgotten about that one. It was a choice between Amtrak or the Disneyland Railroad--I opted for Amtrak. :) .

Probably goes without saying, but, they're not planning on paying for your cross country bedrooms for nothing-They are expecting to make well over what they give you in points, back in interest. Good thing is, paying interest is completely optional. If you REALLY want to win, pay that thing of EACH and EVERY month, and if you don't have the cash, you don't buy it on the card. Period. Anything else, and, you will really just end up paying $3000 for a $1000 train ticket. I'm not a big bank fan, and like my cash-So, I kinda dig I'm actually getting something for nothing by paying off any charge immediately. Works for me, and I actually score some big points using the card-But I pay it off, before I pay a dime in interest. I'll actually go home from buying something, and send a payment for it immediately without waiting for a statement. But, if you get that thing racked up more than you can pay other than in payments, you are going to lose.....So, you're young, and getting started-Start off right!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back