4 more weeks to check on missing points?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crescent2

Conductor
I joined Lifelock through the AGR link with a promo code for a bonus of 2,000 AGR points in March. The charge posted to my Chase AGR credit card in April. The 2,000 points never posted to my AGR account, so I sent an email a week or so ago. Got one back requesting the date and my city and state. I promptly replied with that info. Today I got another email stating:

"Thank you for contacting the Amtrak Guest Rewards Service Center.

We apologize that you are having difficulty with your account. We have forwarded your information on for further research and will follow up with you as soon as we have resolution. Please allow up to 4 weeks for a resolution.

We thank you for being a valued Amtrak Guest Rewards member."

As this was an AGR credit card transaction, why would it take up to 4 weeks to research this? Apparently missing shopping points are not uncommon. Does AGR usually get these problems straightened out in a timely manner? Thanks-

I had problems with Lifelock too. I hadn't gotten the points after 4 weeks, so called AGR and was told 6 to 8 weeks after the first charge. Nothing after 8 weeks. So I called AGR again, who told me I had to contact Lifelock. So I did that, and the Lifelock rep said it would be taken care of. The next day I had my points.

Upon further review, I realize I didn't describe my situation in the above post right. (The mind leaves me at times). :rolleyes: What happened was I first called AGR, and didn't have enough info from Lifelock for AGR to help me. So I called Lifelock, and confirmed I purchased their service through the AGR portal, and got the additional info I needed for AGR. I then called AGR back, whereupon the CSR from AGR told me I had to contact Lifelock and that she could do nothing for me, even though CSR #1 from AGR told that once I got the info they needed, they would look into it for me. CSR #2 and I then went round and round for awhile, she insisting she couldn't help and me insisting she had all the info she needed. I finally won the argument, she reluctantly agreed to contact Lifelock, and I did get the points the next day.

I'm glad you finally received your points. I hope I don't have to go through all that! Thanks for your reply.
You're welcome. :) I could have saved myself some aggravation if I'd saved the transaction number, date of transaction, etc, but I guess the thought of getting 2000 points got me too excited. :lol: Fortunately the Lifelock rep I spoke to had all that for me.

I've been fortunate with points posting through the AGR portal. Only one other time have I had to call, and in that instance, I never did get the points. That was through AbeBooks, and it was only 100 points or so, so after a few inquiries, I gave up. But for 2000 points, darn right I'm going to jump through hoops! :p :lol:

The next time I had occasion to use AbeBooks, I made sure to save all the transaction info, make copies of it, and set up a reminder on my computer AND cellphone to call and ***** and whine if the points didn't post. Darned if they didn't post just a couple of weeks after the transaction, record time for ANY merchant through the AGR portal. It made me mad that I couldn't get mad about not getting points!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

The CEO of LifeLock used to give out his social security number on radio ads, touting Lifelock's protection against identity theft. He's been the victim of identity theft several times as a result.

Got home a little while ago, checked email, and had this message from AGR:

"Thank you for contacting the Amtrak Guest Rewards Service Center.

We apologize for the delay in posting your LifeLock points; the points are now in your account.

Again we apologize for any inconvenience this has caused."

I checked my AGR account, and indeed the 2,000 points have already posted! *happy dance*

I replied with a big "Thank you!"

I expected "up to 4 weeks" to mean more than one additional day, which was all it took. :)

I really have not kept up with the shopping I've done through AGR, so I honestly don't know if I've received all those points or not. I also go through Delta's Frequent Flyer link sometimes too. I guess I should pay more attention to those. I know I did get over 800 points through eyebuydirect.com, though.

The points for using my Chase AGR credit card, so far, have posted promptly. Must work on using some of them next year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back