40K points for FNBO Preferred Mastercard

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lrh442

For a limited time FNBO is offering 40K AGR points when you sign up for the Preferred Mastercard, up from 20K points previously. To get the full 40K points you must spend $2K in the first 3 months.

If points can be redeemed for approx. $0.027 each then the 40K points are worth $1,080, less the annual $99 fee. If you don't want to stay with the fee-based card you can switch to the no-fee card or cancel it altogether after the points post to your AGR account. The no-fee card still offers only 12K points.

Anyone had luck churning this card? I am cancelling mine this month and will wait till next year to apply again.. Had good success churning the Bank Of America version using this one card every two year cycle.. ( multiplied by 4X family members )...

I did that with B of A as well. But I don't know if FBNO will be more restrictive. I'd like to do this again by next year so I can build my already sizable war chest for next summer.
Anyone had luck churning this card? I am cancelling mine this month and will wait till next year to apply again.. Had good success churning the Bank Of America version using this one card every two year cycle.. ( multiplied by 4X family members )...

I cancelled my preferred card 3 days ago (unrelated to churning, I simply didn’t want to pay the annual fee), just this evening saw the bonus had increased, applied and got approved for the preferred with 40k bonus a few minutes ago.

Yeah not sure what FBNO is doing. I had try twice before and the first time they request more information. Physical address and income. The second time was radio silence. This time was final able to get the card. Approved within seconds. Just received the card and was able to change the due date and my mailing address to a PO Box without issue. Very much surprised it final worked for me. Even my local post office has a google address that does not match the physical town address. That how messed up we are in the sticks.

Yeah not sure what FBNO is doing. I had try twice before and the first time they request more information. Physical address and income.
They did that to me too, as I am applying for a second card just for the 40,000 points. They asked for my original Social Security card, which ages ago got washed through the washing machine, and, besides, had my name spelled wrong on it. Hope they accept that instead.

I cancelled my preferred card 3 days ago (unrelated to churning, I simply didn’t want to pay the annual fee), just this evening saw the bonus had increased, applied and got approved for the preferred with 40k bonus a few minutes ago.
Wow. Really? I'm amazed they would do that in such a short timeframe. I believe I will be doing this. :)

I cancelled my card last week and rolled the dice and reapplied today. I was surprised that it told me I would have an notification of decision within 2-4 weeks. I am used to very prompt approval. Hope I didn't kick the trip wire.

They did that to me too, as I am applying for a second card just for the 40,000 points. They asked for my original Social Security card, which ages ago got washed through the washing machine, and, besides, had my name spelled wrong on it. Hope they accept that instead.
How did that turn out for you JayPea? I had the same issue with FNBO the last time the promotion was offered in 2023. I declined to send them a copy of my SS card and other documentation. My argument was it was not necessary considering I was a current FNBO MC card holder with MGM! I never received the card. Fast forward to today. My wife applied for the card and immediately was approved. I on the other hand will have to wait for a 2-4 week approval. It does not look good for me. FNBO is certainly a fickle institution.

I cancelled my card last week and rolled the dice and reapplied today. I was surprised that it told me I would have an notification of decision within 2-4 weeks. I am used to very prompt approval. Hope I didn't kick the trip wire.
I was rejected, because it was flagged as a "double account." I had cancelled and paid off the balance a week prior and everything had posted.

How did that turn out for you JayPea? I had the same issue with FNBO the last time the promotion was offered in 2023. I declined to send them a copy of my SS card and other documentation. My argument was it was not necessary considering I was a current FNBO MC card holder with MGM! I never received the card. Fast forward to today. My wife applied for the card and immediately was approved. I on the other hand will have to wait for a 2-4 week approval. It does not look good for me. FNBO is certainly a fickle institution.
I ended up getting approved and getting the card. I don't know why FNBO was so fussy as I am already a cardholder. Anyway, all's well that ends well.

i had a different company id applied for a card for, same company i already had a card for, they also asked me send ss info etc. when i asked they said had to do with some credit reporting act.

when you say you had the paid card, was it under the Omaha bank or the previous bank amtrak partnered with? Im basically wondering if you just got approved for the exact same card you had before.
I used to have the paid card. I reapplied two weeks ago and got approval in seconds. Even adding the 40,000 in a few months to my existing points doesn't get me too far.

I just learned that FNBO has a new policy that will not allow one to have multiple cards from them. I had cancelled my preferred card and tried to reapply to get the 40K bonus offer and was rejected despite sterling credit. Unfortunately, this promotion is over but I was told flat out that the next time they have this promotion, which will likely happen again down the road, I can cancel my existing card and reapply for the premier card. I only hope the rejection, which isn't based on my credit history, doesn't ding my credit score.

Back