6 days

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

capltd29

Lead Service Attendant
Finally It's only six days until I trek the 95 miles north to the Lorton Auto train statiion. I will then board train 53 to SFA and then drive to the everglades, stay one night there, visit that area, then driveto the florida keys spend 2 nights there, and then driveto Orlando and spend 1 night there. Then take 52 home.

my parents and I have a family bedroom both ways .

It is very wierd riding this train because we have to drive 95 mi to get the train just for it to come backsouth and pass a a spot less than 1 mi from my house that I railfan regularly.

capltd29 said:
Finally It's only six days until I trek the 95 miles north to the Lorton Auto train statiion. I will then board train 53 to SFA and then drive to the everglades, stay one night there, visit that area, then driveto the florida keys spend 2 nights there, and then driveto Orlando and spend 1 night there. Then take 52 home.my parents and I have a family bedroom both ways .

It is very wierd riding this train because we have to drive 95 mi to get the train just for it to come backsouth and pass a a spot less than 1 mi from my house that I railfan regularly.
I hope you enjoy your trip down here in Fl. That has to be very odd to go north in order to head back south. But you get to go on the train. :D

capltd29 said:
Been there, done that sort of. While I don't live in Virginia, back in 2001 I took a trip on the Autotrain. My sister was visiting some relatives just outside of Richmond, before driving down to Disney.

So making a family vacation out of it, I left NY, picked up our mother in PA and drove to just north of Richmond. We stayed in a hotel overnight, then my sister & brother-in-law drove over the next morning to our hotel. They dropped off my two nieces, who at the time were 4 & 8. They then drove south on 95 to make a few other stops, while mom, my nieces and I drove back north to Lorton for our trip down in a family room.

So I actually drove past Lorton by some 90+ miles, only to drive those same miles back north to return to the train.

Have a great trip! :)

And get to Lorton early for the best choice of dinner seating times. Usually by 2:00 to 2:30 the 7:00(30) PM dinner time is sold out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back