62019 gets rolling

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

battalion51

Engineer
On this past Sunday (03/14/04) I took a lil trip from Winter Park to Delray Beach. While I was in Winter Park 92 arrived about 30 minutes before 97. I made my way to the head end to chat with the engineers while the Conductors worked in the rear. As 92 was pulling out I noticed something interesting in its consist, the 62019. I don't know whether this has been her first trip in a while, but I do know that the car has been out of service since the middle of August. Ironically enough I was on 97 when she deadheaded in on the rear of the train from Washington (presumably coming off service on the Federal). Since that mid-August day she's sat in Hialeah heavily used for parts. But, those days are gone, as she is once again in service and on the road. Kudos Hialeah, you did something right for once.

Its nice to finally see Amtrak repairing equipment rather then deffering maintence and/or scraping cars for parts.

Edit: Spelling

Its certainly good to see a little tension relieved from the fleet, even if its just one car. Its one more car making revenue. B)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back