7(2) delays in Washington

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lo2e

Lead Service Attendant
Looking at the Amtrak Status Maps, it appears 7(2) had major delays in Washington between Spokane and Leavenworth. Anyone know what may have happened?

I know it was stopped at Wenatchee for a couple hours or so, but it lost nearly 7 1/2 hours between Spokane and Ephrata too.

It looks like 8(4) has gone screaming past ITD at this point, it's been stopped just east of Essex, MT for several hours and I believe there is a blizzard going on in the area. This has got to be somewhat of a nightmare for everyone on board, I would think.

Please delete - the information being responded to was removed, so this post no longer made sense.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just saw on a local (Spokane) news report that #7 and #8 are both stopped in Montana. #7 was in fact stranded near Browning and was going to reverse direction and back into Cut Bank while #8 was going to be stopped in Whitefish. Tracks around Glacier according to the news report are covered and in fact broken by the snow. Blizzard warnings with up to 50 inches (that's 5-0, folks) predicted in Glacier. Fun times!

Ah, that news report helps things make much more sense as I saw on ASM that 7 had already visited BRO but the map was showing it as being located east of there. Thank you for clearing that up! I was starting to wonder if it had some kind of time travel moment.

Back