91 Service Disruption

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ExtonFlyer

Train Attendant
noticed that Amtrak Train #91 (The Silver Star) had a rare Service Disruption today. Train made it out of Savannah but never got to Jacksonville, FL. Anyone hear anything as to what may have happened?

ExtonFlyer

I don't know anything specific, but I do know that there is a major track switch point between Savannah and Jacksonville where all the tracks converge down to a single switch (and then fan back out). Anything happens to the track around that switch, and everything stops; no alternative routing possible.

as a follow to this - I've since learned that the Auto Train must have been affected in this mess as well. 53 arrived in Sanford 5 hours and 33 minutes late. I guess you can't bustitute cars the same way they did to the Silver Star - so I assume those poor folks just had to wait it out.

Unless of something I am not aware of, they didn't bustitute #91 other than possibly if they cut out the dog leg to TPA being they were so late. All three trains of #91, #53, and #97 came through fairly late yesterday, but they got by. Train #53 arriving that late probably screwed CSX up with the curfew time in the DLD area last night, too. There is no way #P052-16th left any earlier than two and half to three hours late on Tues afternoon.

OBS gone freight...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back