A Bonus Days qlitch

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grounded flyboy

Service Attendant
If you take a trip that involves more than two segments within three days, pay particular attention to your AGR account transaction dates. For example, I rode on two segments on 20 March and arrived in San Antonio. Then on 22 March I boarded the Sunset Limited for a segment to New Orleans. When these three segments posted, they all had a transaction date of 20 March... because the SL originated in LA on the 20th even though I did not ride until the 22nd. As a result, the computer recognizes three segments on one day and does not credit me for the Bonus Days for one of the segments.

This is not a problem that fits into AGR's format for requesting missing points, therefore it requires a phone call. In my case it required educating the representative about the Bonus Days rules. A supervisor approved the 100 point omission but it took several minutes on the phone.

I remember nuances of starting dates being discussed during other special awards programs, but, if some of you have slept since then and need retraining like I do, take this as a reminder to review your account carefully and protect your earnings.

Thanks for the reminder Joe. We got caught up in that one time on the Capitol Ltd that leaves a day before it arrives in CLE each way. Didnt get credit for a bonus since the starting date of the train was before the bonus date--even though the day it arrived in CLE was within the bonus date :(

Back