A couple of Amtrak Articles

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

battalion51

Engineer
Amtrak had a couple of tidbits on the Trains.com Newswire today including news from the Captiol Corridor, Turboliner news, and the Hoosier State. Check it out here. The Hoosier State bit was especially intriguing to me.

Too bad about the Turboliners, while they had potential, I guess better to kill it already with a few problems.

I'm glad to see that they're breaking up a set to give the other sets another coach. Does any one know if Talgo makes a High speed set that's compatible with high level platforms? If they do they could invest in Talgo sets with Jet Train engines (hird rail shoe equipped), now that'd e one heck of a train set.

They're stayin right where they are. The State paid good money for those sets so I don't see them leaving anytime soon. Also, why would you send third rail equipped trains to a place where there is no third rail pickup?

Steve4031 said:
So what happens with the other three sets?
Well my guess is that the one Turboliner II set that was still in service about a year ago, will never get rebuilt.

The other two sets will be broken up to add one extra car to the four sets that will regularly see service. The extra power cars will probably just be held in reserve as spares that can be swapped in and out as needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back