a lot of recently allowed itineraries no longer allowed

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yarrow

Engineer
far ne washington state, 1/2 mile from canada
we have many times, as recently as last fall, taken one zone rewards sleeper travel of spokane to denver(eb-cs-cz), spokane to el paso(eb-cs-sl) and spokane to albuquerque(eb-cs-swc) and intermediate points on the cz, sl and swc. none of these are now allowed as one zone awards because they are no longer "published routes". also they are no longer bookable by an amtrak agent as guaranteed connections. anyone know what is going on?

You'll need to PM "Amtrak Insider" (an AGR Manager) @ the AGR Flyer Talk Forum for help with this!

Either the IT people have reprogrammed the routings ( has to be done manually)and didn't re- enter some of the previously allowed routes, or this is an AGR Policy Change??

You'll need to PM "Amtrak Insider" (an AGR Manager) @ the AGR Flyer Talk Forum for help with this!

Either the IT people have reprogrammed the routings ( has to be done manually)and didn't re- enter some of the previously allowed routes, or this is an AGR Policy Change??
i contacted the agr insider and haven't heard back yet. i think it is more of an amtrak reservation problem as many previously guaranteed connection trips(on a purchased ticket) are no longer such, eg. spk-den, spk-elp, spk-abq. and the problem comes not with the eb-cs connection but the connection to the third train

the problem is the EB. I think they broke the connections on them and are no longer allowing them as guaranteed connections.

the problem is the EB. I think they broke the connections on them and are no longer allowing them as guaranteed connections.
maybe but i can book spk-pdx-sac without problem but spk-pdx-sac-den is a no go and the problem seems to be with the sac-den segment. so the eb connections are ok but the cs-cz portion is not
Since all the connections need to be put in manually, I can see them putting in the EB-CS connection and forgetting to add the CS-CZ connection. Have you tried contacted AGR Insider at FlyerTalk? All we can do is speculate. He can get the the real answer.

Edit: I see you did post in FlyerTalk. Hopefully you'll get an answer soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back