A new reason for poor OTP

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Konrad

Lead Service Attendant
Just picked this up on the ABC website (Australian Broadcasting Corporation).

'A Ghan train travelling between Alice Springs and Adelaide has derailed after hitting a camel near Kulgera in the Northern Territory.

A spokeswoman for Great Southern Rail says the locomotive derailed around 9pm last night.

She says no-one was injured and the passengers stayed on board overnight.

The train resumed its journey this morning after the locomotive was swapped with another

The spokeswoman says the Ghan was scheduled to arrive in Adelaide at about 12.30pm today but will now arrive later this evening.'

Even I would tolerate a late arrival with this excuse! :)

Oops, the story now reads that the train hit a large bull. Either way I'd be avoiding the camel or the beef in the Gold dining carriage.

Last edited by a moderator:
'A Ghan train travelling between Alice Springs and Adelaide has derailed after hitting a camel near Kulgera in the Northern Territory.

A spokeswoman for Great Southern Rail says the locomotive derailed around 9pm last night.

The train resumed its journey this morning after the locomotive was swapped with another

The spokeswoman says the Ghan was scheduled to arrive in Adelaide at about 12.30pm today but will now arrive later this evening.'

Oops, the story now reads that the train hit a large bull. Either way I'd be avoiding the camel or the beef in the Gold dining carriage.
It could be a bull camel...

It would make sense if The Ghan hit a camel. The presence of camels in the outback is related to The Ghan's name.

However, given that we're talking about Down Under, I would have expected the critter to be a kangaroo.

It could be a bull camel...
It could be just bull.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back