A question about reservation modification

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I make a reservation for a one-way trip from Seattle to Texas in July now, and have to change the date of travel sometime later, but before travel starts, will I have to pay the increase in fare?

Here is the situation: sometime around the first week of July, I will be helping a relative move from Austin to Seattle by driving one of the vehicles. I want to return by train (of course!) around the third week of July, taking the southbound Coast Starlight to LAUS, and catching the eastbound Texas Eagle there. According to Amsnag, there is only one train with the Saver Fare available during this time frame on a certain day in July. Question: If I make the reservation now for that particular train on that particular day for that particular price, and later, say in June, I want to modify that reservation so that I leave a week later (with Amsnag showing a higher price), do I have to pay the fare increase?

I hope this is clear ;) Thanks for your help!

Most likely you'll have to pay the rate, at the time of booking it, for the new date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back