aaa discount

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tahoejeff

Train Attendant
FT has a post stating that you can get a 50% off companion ticket if you are a member of AAA.

http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=625507

i just tried the code, H644, and it keeps saying this: Problem With Promotional Fare: The promotional fare you requested requires travel with an eligible companion. Since that requirement is not met, we have provided a non-promotional fare.

i have tried twice, both times with two passengers selected.

hopefully others will be able to make good use of this code. i hope it's ok that i linked to another forum here.

The Terms and Conditions of H644:

Offer valid for one companion at 50% off the regular (full) Amtrak rail fare traveling with a paid AAA discounted adult rail fare ticket.
Offer valid for 25% off the best available business class seat or sleeping accommodation upon payment of the applicable accommodation charges.

Valid for sale December 18, 2006 - February 28, 2007.

Valid for travel January 3, 2007 - March 15, 2007.

Not valid for travel during the following blackout periods:

- January 12-15, 2007

- February 16-19, 2007

Reservations must be made at least three days prior to departure.

Valid for travel on the following Amtrak services:

Ann Rutledge, Blue Water, California Zephyr, Capitol Limited, Capitols, Cardinal, Cardinal, Carl Sandburg, Carolinian, Cascades, City of New Orleans, Coast Starlight, Crescent, Illini, Illinois Zephyr, Kansas City Mule, St. Louis Mules, Lake Shore Limited, Lincoln Service, Maple Leaf, Pacific Surfliner, Palmetto, Pennsylvanian, Pere Marquette, Piedmont, Saluki, San Joaquins, Southwest Chief, State House, Sunset Limited, Texas Eagle, Wolverine.
I tried a dummy reservation on the Zephyr, 1/4/07, from CHI-EMY for two and it worked fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gad I started to get excited until I saw that you can only use it through March - not May. Waaa

The Terms and Conditions of H444:
Offer valid for one companion at 50% off the regular (full) Amtrak rail fare traveling with a paid AAA discounted adult rail fare ticket.

Offer valid for 25% off the best available business class seat or sleeping accommodation upon payment of the applicable accommodation charges.

Valid for sale December 18, 2006 - February 28, 2007.

Valid for travel January 3, 2007 - March 15, 2007.

Not valid for travel during the following blackout periods:

- January 12-15, 2007

- February 16-19, 2007

Reservations must be made at least three days prior to departure.

Valid for travel on the following Amtrak services:

Ann Rutledge, Blue Water, California Zephyr, Capitol Limited, Capitols, Cardinal, Cardinal, Carl Sandburg, Carolinian, Cascades, City of New Orleans, Coast Starlight, Crescent, Illini, Illinois Zephyr, Kansas City Mule, St. Louis Mules, Lake Shore Limited, Lincoln Service, Maple Leaf, Pacific Surfliner, Palmetto, Pennsylvanian, Pere Marquette, Piedmont, Saluki, San Joaquins, Southwest Chief, State House, Sunset Limited, Texas Eagle, Wolverine.
I tried a dummy reservation on the Zephyr, 1/4/07, from CHI-EMY for two and it worked fine.
did you select coach seating, and then just enter the H644 code? i can't understand why it gives me that error, yet it shows two coach passengers. i don't have an AAA membership yet, but will sign up if i can get this sale price to display.

edit- i'm guessing it only works if i have an AAA member number entered into my amtrak.com profile?

i just paid for AAA and have a member number now, but the amtrak site is asking for some kind of club code prefix before the member number. i guess i'll have to call AAA tomorrow to ask what this is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your club code is part of your AAA member number. Your AAA number should look something like this:

123-4567890123

The "123" on the left is the club code, and the "4567890123" is your member number.

Your club code is part of your AAA member number. Your AAA number should look something like this:
123-4567890123

The "123" on the left is the club code, and the "4567890123" is your member number.
thank you PRR. i had just figured that out from a popup on the amtrak site. i just re-ordered my tickets, saving $150, with a net savings of $90 after the AAA membership!! wooohooo!

i'll cancel my original tickets this weekend.

123-4567890123

thank you PRR. i had just figured that out from a popup on the amtrak site. i just re-ordered my tickets, saving $150, with a net savings of $90 after the AAA membership!! wooohooo!

did you use H444 or H644? will it work if part of your trip is on one of the listed trains? I'm going on the EB with part of my return trip on Cap Limited.

123-4567890123

did you use H444 or H644? will it work if part of your trip is on one of the listed trains? I'm going on the EB with part of my return trip on Cap Limited.
The H444 was a typo on my part: since corrected to H644.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back