Account security

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BLOND37

OBS Chief
What if anything can be done about account security with Amtrak? Yesterday I got an email saying please pay for a reservation or we'll cancel it. So I call Amtrak. It seems someone made a round trip reservation for this weekend PVD to NYP!! Furthermore a "courtesy hold" was placed on it so the reservation didn't need to be paid for until yesterday (Tue). I find this curious as I was always told NEC reservations must be paid within 24 hours of making the reservation.

All the rep could tell me was the date and time the reservation was made. It def was not made by me or anyone I know!!

How much of your personal information is contained in the email? Is your name, address, phone number, etc. listed?

Does it give the reservation number in the email and have you tried plugging it in to Amtrak's website to see what it might say there?

I honestly don't see much harm in someone simply putting a reservation in your name and email, but if there is other information in the reservation that identifies you, I might immediately put a fraud alert on your credit bureau reports.

Well no personal info in email. When I called Amtrak they were able to tell me date and itinerary. And when reservation was made. It wasn't me as I was home alone watching TV. I'm just concerned someone is making reservations in my name. Granted there's no way they could pay for it with my credit card as far as I know but still why would someone do that? (Kind of asking rhetorically)

Maybe they just want to give you the AGR miles/points? ;)

Seriously, this sounds like someone either entered or dictated their AGR number wrong, and the trip was booked under your account as a result.

Last edited by a moderator:
Round trip on the Acela during Double Days! Caching on the points lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back