Acela Engineers

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hanno

OBS Chief
I recently saw a video about Acela which included an interview with the engineer. It made me curious as to what the pay scale is for an Acela engineer. Does anyone have any information?

Paygrade starts at around $30 an hour...
That seems extremely low for the responsibilities. What is the high end of the pay scale? Also how does the wages paid to an Acela engineer compare to an engineer on other trains, including long distance trains?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know it for a fact, but I would expect the pay scale is the same for all AMTK engineers regardless of equipment operated. I could be wrong, butI bet the contract wages are the same across the board.

Paygrade starts at around $30 an hour...
That seems extremely low for the responsibilities. What is the high end of the pay scale? Also how does the wages paid to an Acela engineer compare to an engineer on other trains, including long distance trains?

Thanks!
That's for all engineer's and I would imagine it goes up after 12 or 13 months of employment. I had once talked to a conductor who stated his pay rate when he was a rookie back in the 80's was $11. He is now paid $30 an hour. Back in 2010. So I would imagine it's about $32 now unless he Retired. So the pay rate does get high I would guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back