Acela Express & Empire Service

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mflsjhs

Service Attendant
Riding the empire service from Syr to NYP in business class next week and then the acela bc to philly

Just rode the acela FC to dc from philly and back so i know about the acela,

Never been on the empire service. Anything i need to know?

what is business class like on the empire service?

does it use a P-32 ACDM from syracuse all the way to NY

and what is the speed it runs along the route?

What is business class like on the empire service.

Business class on a Empire service train might be 2-1 lazy boy type seats in half of a cafe, or it can be 2-2 full lenght standard metroliner business cars.

Does it use a P-32 ACDM from syracuse all the way to NY?

It should, but it may not.

What is the speed it runs along the route?

Not sure top speed, but nothing fancy.

I know not helpful, The only advise has been given. Try to seat on the right side of the train. ;)

thanks , i hope its the 2 x1 seating the full car business class isnt all that much better than coach when it comes to the seat it self

does it use a P-32 ACDM from syracuse all the way to NY
Depends on the train and availability of ACDMs. But for the run from Albany to New York you will most certainly have an ACDM.

and what is the speed it runs along the route?
May be upto 110mph between Hudson and Albany and for a short distance between Albany and Schenectady. Upto 90 between Hudson and Poughkeepsie.

leaving monday at 7am hopefully it will be the 2x1 seats and it will run on time

just got on the train, it is the very nice 2x1 seating with P-32 ACDM on the front. this business class is really worth it all the way in the back nice and quiet smooth ride so far crusing along at 75mph

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back