Acela FC Upgrades

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wayman

Engineer
I'm hoping to squeeze in a WAS-BOS-PHL trip on Acela in the next month before leaving for the west, and to use my Select FC upgrades.

I know I qualify for 500 AGR for WAS-BOS and for BOS-PHL, buying a BC ticket. Does using the upgrade to FC get me the 750 AGR instead of 500 AGR? I'm totally happy with 500, but if they want to give me an extra 250 for using a free upgrade I'm not complaining! Just wanted to know what to expect. (Follow-up question: if I do get 750, do they all count as "rail points" towards Select Status for 2009?)

Also, there's the BC double points special going on now, and I'll need to go PHL-WAS to start that trip. If I go BC on a Regional, I'll qualify for that, right? (It's such a short distance, but I didn't see any limitation on city-pairs like there is for Acela.) Is it worth it, $/AGR-wise? Are there any other BC amenities on a Regional besides more seat space? Does this promotion apply only to Regionals, or also to trains like the Carolinian which have BC but go further?

Last edited by a moderator:
I know I qualify for 500 AGR for WAS-BOS and for BOS-PHL, buying a BC ticket. Does using the upgrade to FC get me the 750 AGR instead of 500 AGR? I'm totally happy with 500, but if they want to give me an extra 250 for using a free upgrade I'm not complaining! Just wanted to know what to expect. (Follow-up question: if I do get 750, do they all count as "rail points" towards Select Status for 2009?)
You would get the 750, and they would all count towards rail points for Select Status.

Also, there's the BC double points special going on now, and I'll need to go PHL-WAS to start that trip. If I go BC on a Regional, I'll qualify for that, right? (It's such a short distance, but I didn't see any limitation on city-pairs like there is for Acela.) Is it worth it, $/AGR-wise? Are there any other BC amenities on a Regional besides more seat space? Does this promotion apply only to Regionals, or also to trains like the Carolinian which have BC but go further?
Yes, you would qualify for that, and it only applies to Regional trains.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back