Acela First Class

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

x-press

Service Attendant
I have a trip scheduled Boston-Baltimore on May 17, and burned some reward points to make it Acela FC. It's been a while, and I am wondering what my chances are of getting the new leather seating I've heard about? (ie: good chance, almost all are done . . . low chance, they're just starting).

As always, thanks in advance!

JPS

I believe that there are about 5 or 6 trainsets done at this point. They are running ahead of schedule, expecting to turn out 9 trainsets this year, instead of the planned 7.

So you have a good chance of getting lucky and avoiding those nasty, unsupportive, and uncomfortable leather seats while you still can.

So you have a good chance of getting lucky and avoiding those nasty, unsupportive, and uncomfortable leather seats while you still can.
So they are probably quite comfortable then?
Well I wouldn't go that far Neil, and I wouldn't go as far as GML did. But IMHO, while they look nicer than the old seats, they are less comfortable by comparison to the original seats.

Are you saying that the leather seats are uncomfortable? If you are you I beg to differ. I think they are the most comfortable seats on Amtrak equipment! Better then those old ragged seats. I don't see your problem with the new seats. But everyone has their opinion.

An about the 20 ts. Was there an option for more ts'? I think there was but not 100% sure.

Are you saying that the leather seats are uncomfortable? If you are you I beg to differ. I think they are the most comfortable seats on Amtrak equipment! Better then those old ragged seats. I don't see your problem with the new seats. But everyone has their opinion.
An about the 20 ts. Was there an option for more ts'? I think there was but not 100% sure.
The original order, placed in March 1996, was for 18 train sets. In August 1998 the order was increased to 20 train sets.

From memory, I believe the Amtrak could have gone to 24 train sets, but elected to stay with 20. They got pinched for funding when the cost of the New Haven to Boston electrification went way, way over budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back