AGR FNBO Credit Card discussion 2023 H2 -2024

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amtrak emailed tickets yesterday for my trip on the Crescent on Monday. We used our AGR points to book a sleeper round trip GRO to NYP. The tickets did not have my AGR number on it, which since I was using points I assume did not matter as I can't get points for using points. Though some points get rebated back I think. Should I call of go by the station and make sure and give them my AGR number.
I might purchase something from the cafe as well and that carries a credit card rebate as well but not having the AGR number on the receipt has not bearing on that either I assume. They know I am on Amtrak from the POS location. I have the premium credit card if that matters.

Amtrak emailed tickets yesterday for my trip on the Crescent on Monday. We used our AGR points to book a sleeper round trip GRO to NYP. The tickets did not have my AGR number on it, which since I was using points I assume did not matter as I can't get points for using points. Though some points get rebated back I think. Should I call of go by the station and make sure and give them my AGR number.
I might purchase something from the cafe as well and that carries a credit card rebate as well but not having the AGR number on the receipt has not bearing on that either I assume. They know I am on Amtrak from the POS location. I have the premium credit card if that matters.
You can always call and have the numbers added. As far as points "rebates" for your fare, that generally applies to Select, Select Plus and higher tier members.
As far as using the credit card onboard for purchases, that is strictly a credit card perk (statement credit). That credit will appear on your next credit cardstatement as a $ credit, not a point credit. No points involved.

You can always call and have the numbers added. As far as points "rebates" for your fare, that generally applies to Select, Select Plus and higher tier members.
As far as using the credit card onboard for purchases, that is strictly a credit card perk (statement credit). That credit will appear on your next credit cardstatement as a $ credit, not a point credit. No points involved.
FNBO cardmembers get a 5% points rebate on AGR points redemptions. AGR status doesn't matter for that. Not sure if the points credit comes from AGR or FNBO.

As to the rebate on onboard purchases, that is solely from the FNBO card use and handled by FNBO. Having an AGR number or not on the ticket that got you onboard is immaterial.

If so, do I receive the points when I book the trip(s), or do I have to take Amtrak before receiving the issues and the other stuff (lounge access obviously while on Amtrak) and companion code?
Your receive the FNBO 3x AGR Amtrak purchase credit upon statement close following the ticket purchase.

You receive the normal 2x Amtrak AGR points for the ticket after completing travel. Plus any bonus AGR points you are entitled to (status bonuses, business class bonuses, etc). Same as if you didn't have the card.

Lounge access coupon and companion coupon should be deposited on your Amtrak AGR account shortly after approval and again upon annual renewal. Log on to AGR to see them and use them. You have to use the companion code at booking and show the lounge access QR code on your account when entering the lounge if you otherwise are not entitled to access. Flashing the card itself won't get you anything.

FNBO cardmembers get a 5% points rebate on AGR points redemptions. AGR status doesn't matter for that. Not sure if the points credit comes from AGR or FNBO.

As to the rebate on onboard purchases, that is solely from the FNBO card use and handled by FNBO. Having an AGR number or not on the ticket that got you onboard is immaterial.
Ah, forgot about the points rebate for points redemptions.

Check "My Transactions" on your AGR webpage. The credit card rebate shows up on the same day as the points redemption, on a separate transaction named "Amtrak Credit Card Reward Travel Rebate".
1689744938763.png
I also received a separate email a few hours after the receipt/e-ticket email, confirming both the points redemption and the rebate. If you don't see the rebate either place, you need to call.

I had to cancel our fall roundtrip on the California Zephyr yesterday via the 1-800-USA-RAIL number, and was told that the cost of our tickets, minus a $250 cancellation fee, would be refunded to our original form of payment (my AGR FNBO credit card). I assume that the AGR points earned for booking that trip would be lost?

I had to cancel our fall roundtrip on the California Zephyr yesterday via the 1-800-USA-RAIL number, and was told that the cost of our tickets, minus a $250 cancellation fee, would be refunded to our original form of payment (my AGR FNBO credit card). I assume that the AGR points earned for booking that trip would be lost?
Yes, the points will be taken back.

Thanks for the answers. I think I will drop by the station and have them enter the AGR numbers , that will be quicker than waiting on a phone line to open. I did not have the numbers on the recent trip to DC on the Crescent but I did submit a request for the points on the AGR website and I did notice those were added when I checked just before I posted my question. I clearly give my AGR number when I ordered the tickets over the phone. I can't remember if I used points or credit card for the tickets to DC. I know the bid up was in money and on credit card.

These gives me an excuse to visit the beautiful Greensboro station, so not all that bad and I need to be in that part of the city as well so no wasted trip.
One thing I did notice is that on the AGR website there is nothing showing for my past trip and certainly not upcoming trips. That makes sense for the upcoming trip but when they added the points I earned for the DC trip, the DC trip did not show in past trips. It does not really matter as I care about the points and not some history of my travels. But just and odd situation in a way.

Received a Robo email today supposedly from the FNBO Fraud Department asking for my Mobile #
so they can send me we Texts about Suspicious Transactions.

I notice it's from the " Marketing Dept."

Has anyone else received this email, and do you think it's Legit or is it spam?

Thanks for the answers. I think I will drop by the station and have them enter the AGR numbers , that will be quicker than waiting on a phone line to open. I did not have the numbers on the recent trip to DC on the Crescent but I did submit a request for the points on the AGR website and I did notice those were added when I checked just before I posted my question. I clearly give my AGR number when I ordered the tickets over the phone. I can't remember if I used points or credit card for the tickets to DC. I know the bid up was in money and on credit card.

These gives me an excuse to visit the beautiful Greensboro station, so not all that bad and I need to be in that part of the city as well so no wasted trip.
One thing I did notice is that on the AGR website there is nothing showing for my past trip and certainly not upcoming trips. That makes sense for the upcoming trip but when they added the points I earned for the DC trip, the DC trip did not show in past trips. It does not really matter as I care about the points and not some history of my travels. But just and odd situation in a way.
I think the remove past trips after ?10? days. Check the website and see if it mentions that.

I think the remove past trips after ?10? days. Check the website and see if it mentions that.
I know there is some time limit but I thought it was longer than that. Be right back....
And noting on the page for past trips. There is a 5 day limit on cancelled trips, pass travel and after a trip is completed there is 5 day limit under the upcoming trips tab but past trips tab seems limitless within some unlisted range.

Received a Robo email today supposedly from the FNBO Fraud Department asking for my Mobile #

Go to the website directly without clicking on the email link, check your profile information and add your mobile number if it isn't already there.

That is how to avoid having login information stolen through phishing attempts. That is what I do for emails, even when I am 99% sure they are legitimate. I never click email links from financial institutions. Spam is annoying but harmless, phishing isn't.

It is important for them to have it to validate suspicious transactions, without a contact they will likely suspend your card if a suspicious transaction is attempted and they have no way to verify it with you. It will remain suspended until you can verify it.

I verified and updated my profile and contact information as soon as the FNBO card became active at the BoA switchover. I didn't get such an email, because they always had my mobile number.

Last edited:

Suspicious. Don't click on the link in the email you received, go directly to your FNBO on your own.
All of my text notifications were set up by me on the FNBO website itself.

Suspicious. Don't click on the link in the email you received, go directly to your FNBO on your own.
I received it too. Of course, I did not click on the links, but I checked. They do go to fnbo.com. So, it appears to be legit, but I agree. Go directly to the website. Don't click on links.

I received an "Amtrak: Refund Receipt" email from [email protected] shortly after cancelling my California Zephyr reservations 2 days ago; however, the refund (minus the cancellation fee) isn't showing up yet in my AGR FBNO credit card account details. How long does it usually take for such a refund to be credited to the original form of payment?

I received an "Amtrak: Refund Receipt" email from [email protected] shortly after cancelling my California Zephyr reservations 2 days ago; however, the refund (minus the cancellation fee) isn't showing up yet in my AGR FBNO credit card account details. How long does it usually take for such a refund to be credited to the original form of payment?
Sometimes up to a week. It should show up as in processing, but sometimes not. I had at least one instance where the refund didn’t even show up until it had already been processed and the credit posted.

Same here. I've set up text confirmation of any purchase that uses the FNBO card. My phone buzzes with incoming text while I'm still standing at the cash register (oh, isn't that expression an anachronism?) and bagging my purchase.

Same here. I've set up text confirmation of any purchase that uses the FNBO card. My phone buzzes with incoming text while I'm still standing at the cash register (oh, isn't that expression an anachronism?) and bagging my purchase.
The modern way of referring to Cash Registers is to call them Point of Sale Terminals or POS Terminals :) Often these days at smaller establishment they come in the form of an iPhone with a Square attachment to read cards. I even came across one that accepted a payment over NFC from my Apple Watch, which was kind of cool.

Does Apple Pay not work at all contactless terminals that accept Google Pay? I don't use Apple, but I'd assumed that the terminals accept all forms of NFC.
No. Not necessarily. There has to be an agreement in place with specific acquirer. NFC hardware capability is just one part of the puzzle.

Planning a trip to Europe and every transaction I have made to a European company has not gone through (such as buying my Eurail pass) So far this has been 4 transactions. I have spent well over an hour on the phone, going through all the prompts... then having to talk to an agent... and then having to wait for fraud department. All have been resolved. 3 of these transactions even requested a 6-digit number be entered to verify my identity. Even after doing this, it still failed.

Just an FYI for others.

Planning a trip to Europe and every transaction I have made to a European company has not gone through (such as buying my Eurail pass) So far this has been 4 transactions. I have spent well over an hour on the phone, going through all the prompts... then having to talk to an agent... and then having to wait for fraud department. All have been resolved. 3 of these transactions even requested a 6-digit number be entered to verify my identity. Even after doing this, it still failed.

Just an FYI for others.
When I purchased a VIA ticket a few months ago, I "pre cleared" things with an FNBO phone agent before calling VIA since BoA had always initially denied them. The transactions went through without an issue.

I appreciate the data point, but having to call to preclear is not much different than having to call to post clear. At least with a post clear... there is always a chance it will have cleared. :)

Do you need to speak with fraud, or can regular 800 number preclear?

Last edited:
Back