AGR for Christmas :)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wayman

Engineer
On the theme of points posting at unpredictable times, I just saw I had 999 points post on Christmas Day, including enough Rail Points to put me in Select for next year. Knew it would happen, but wasn't expecting it on Christmas :) This was for SPG-CHI and CHI-LAX (plus Select bonus and 2x bonus for each) for a trip which departed SPG on the 18th --so they turned the SWC tickets into points in under a week! :eek:

Even better AGR Christmas present: San Joaquin trips from Fresno (nearest station to where I am for Christmas) to SAC or to OKJ runs right around $40... so a day-trip to SAC today to see the fabulous state railway museum and a day trip to Oakland/BayArea on Thursday nets me four qualifying 10for10k legs, which gets me to exactly ten for the big bonus! I didn't think I had a shot at this until Christmas Day when I went to book those trips and saw they were all $40 or $43--absolutely perfect :D

And bestest of all: departing New Years Eve morning on a 3-zone roomette reward, LAX-PDX, PDX-CHI, CHI-SPG :D :D :D My first overnight in a sleeper in about ten years (since I got the coveted "do you want a last-minute cheap bedroom upgrade on your LSL trip tomorrow?" call from Amtrak long ago...). Really looking forward to this.

(Early Christmas present from AGR, too: lounge coupon for the Met Lounge in Chicago between the LSL and SWC.)

Merry Christmas/Welcome Yule to all of you, who have taught me so much about AGR over the past few years.

On the theme of points posting at unpredictable times, I just saw I had 999 points post on Christmas Day, including enough Rail Points to put me in Select for next year. Knew it would happen, but wasn't expecting it on Christmas :) This was for SPG-CHI and CHI-LAX (plus Select bonus and 2x bonus for each) for a trip which departed SPG on the 18th --so they turned the SWC tickets into points in under a week! :eek:

Even better AGR Christmas present: San Joaquin trips from Fresno (nearest station to where I am for Christmas) to SAC or to OKJ runs right around $40... so a day-trip to SAC today to see the fabulous state railway museum and a day trip to Oakland/BayArea on Thursday nets me four qualifying 10for10k legs, which gets me to exactly ten for the big bonus! I didn't think I had a shot at this until Christmas Day when I went to book those trips and saw they were all $40 or $43--absolutely perfect :D

And bestest of all: departing New Years Eve morning on a 3-zone roomette reward, LAX-PDX, PDX-CHI, CHI-SPG :D :D :D My first overnight in a sleeper in about ten years (since I got the coveted "do you want a last-minute cheap bedroom upgrade on your LSL trip tomorrow?" call from Amtrak long ago...). Really looking forward to this.

(Early Christmas present from AGR, too: lounge coupon for the Met Lounge in Chicago between the LSL and SWC.)

Merry Christmas/Welcome Yule to all of you, who have taught me so much about AGR over the past few years.
The AGR Santa was good to you!

Enjoy your trip from LAX to home.

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:

So you're going out the Jan.1 on the CS? I will be sure to say hi what car are you going in? IM only going on up to Emy though and then onto the CZ

Back