Airfare Increase WOW

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rail Freak

Engineer
Just checked to see the price differences in the flght I booked last June for next June to ABQ from TPA, I got it for $188 one way, it's now $905. I can't believe that!!!
unsure.gif
My return flight from DEN to TPA I paid $135, it is now $817. These flights are on CO Airlines With Amtrak ABQ to WGL & WGL to DEN inbetween. Man that's unreal!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just checked to see the price differences in the flght I booked last June for next June to ABQ from TPA, I got it for $188 one way, it's now $905. I can't believe that!!! My return flight from DEN to TPA I paid $135, it is now $817. Man that's unreal!!!
I'm guessing this is either due to some event that's sucking up all the tickets or it's a result of all this consolidation we're seeing. Just a matter of time before we eventually have a monopoly. As an aside, I can't seem to coax Continental.com to sell me a ticket today for October 2011, how did you managed to buy a ticket a full year out in June?

Unless there is something specific filling up the plane already, the fares will come down enough to fill the plane. Check the seat charts to see how full the plane is. If it is not full just sit tight and wait for the fares to come down as they adjust inventories in various fare categories.

Just checked to see the price differences in the flght I booked last June for next June to ABQ from TPA, I got it for $188 one way, it's now $905. I can't believe that!!!
unsure.gif
My return flight from DEN to TPA I paid $135, it is now $817. These flights are on CO Airlines With Amtrak ABQ to WGL & WGL to DEN inbetween. Man that's unreal!!!
I just looked at some random dates in June and the fares were in the $135 range each way. Maybe your specific date is heavily booked, or perhaps the fares were being reworked and the low fares did not come up when you checked.

Just checked to see the price differences in the flght I booked last June for next June to ABQ from TPA, I got it for $188 one way, it's now $905. I can't believe that!!! My return flight from DEN to TPA I paid $135, it is now $817. Man that's unreal!!!
I'm guessing this is either due to some event that's sucking up all the tickets or it's a result of all this consolidation we're seeing. Just a matter of time before we eventually have a monopoly. As an aside, I can't seem to coax Continental.com to sell me a ticket today for October 2011, how did you managed to buy a ticket a full year out in June?
you're correct, The tickets were issued 10/07/10, I was confusing this reservation with my Feb snow trip. I'm gonna ck that out now , be right back! But That price jump injust 20 days is unbelievable!

Presses stopped! :lol:

For what it's worth there are lots of great deals on Southwest today. I bought a ticket from San Antonio to Denver for $60 and a ticket to San Diego for $90 each way. That's cheaper than I was paying a decade ago, not even figuring in inflation!

Presses stopped!
laugh.gif

For what it's worth there are lots of great deals on Southwest today. I bought a ticket from San Antonio to Denver for $60 and a ticket to San Diego for $90 each way. That's cheaper than I was paying a decade ago, not even figuring in inflation!

I like the CO/AGR Partnership!

Back