Albany NY Train Station--Rental Cars?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My husband and I are taking the Lake Shore Limited into Albany next Sunday. Our daughter was supposed to pick us up but, unfortunately, her car needs a new brake line, she lives in a small town a distance away, and the repair will not be done by Sunday. We are going to have to rent a car. As near as I can tell, because it is a Sunday, we would have to take a taxi to the Albany airport (at a cost of $40 or so) and then rent a car from there. Does anyone who knows the station have any better ideas?

My husband and I are taking the Lake Shore Limited into Albany next Sunday. Our daughter was supposed to pick us up but, unfortunately, her car needs a new brake line, she lives in a small town a distance away, and the repair will not be done by Sunday. We are going to have to rent a car. As near as I can tell, because it is a Sunday, we would have to take a taxi to the Albany airport (at a cost of $40 or so) and then rent a car from there. Does anyone who knows the station have any better ideas?
The following information was provided on the Hertz website for the Albany/Rensselaer Train Station:

"Rental Services Provided By Albany Central Avenue HLE, 818 Central Avenue

Please take a cab to the servicing location. Cab fare will be reimbursed up to $9.25 with receipt. You may also call to arrange for pickup service - 518-454-9701.

pixel.gif
Additional Information: After Hours - Please make reservation for the Albany International Airport, 737 Albany Shaker Road. Cab fare to the airport will be reimbursed up to $20.00 with receipt. After hour returns are allowed. Park vehicle in the Long Term Parking area. The drop box is located at the Amtrak Ticket Counter Information Booth. A $5.00 charge will be applied to the rental if returned to the Amtrak Station."

CLICK HERE FOR MORE RENTAL INFORMATION ON OTHER RENTAL AGENCIES

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back