Albany Train Station

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone been to the Albany station since they remodeled it? What is it like? I can't seem to find any information about it? Like, do thay have a Metro Lounge? (I don't think so, but I thought I'd ask).

Tif =:cool:

Nope no Metrolounge, there isn't enough first class traffic at this station to warrent one. Plus Amtrak does not own the station, nor did they build it. The station was built by the city and NY State.

That said however the station is quite nice and does have a comfortable waiting area. There are also a few places to eat and they are supposed to be adding more. The platforms are now highlevel and you no longer need to walk across the tracks, as there is now an enclosed overpass that is still part of the station.

The Station in Albany is VERY nice! It has several covered platforms with stairs, escalators, and elevators that take you up to a glass enclosed bridge to the main station. Inside are a large waiting area, post office, ticket office, gift/news shop, and cafe/coffee shop. Here is a link to a picture I took earlier this year:

Albany's New Station

Click Here to link to the Station Photo Page on my site. It has several nice pictures (inside and outside) of the Albany Train Station by our own AlanB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back