Albuquerque Station Move

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Amtrak has moved out of their shack and into the Alvarado Transportation Center with Railrunner and Greyhound.
News Release
Nice :)

The numbers in the press release make it sound like 20% of the SWC's passengers have Albuquerque as either their origin or destination. Am I reading that right? "Amtrak carried 66,946 passengers to and from Albuquerque and ridership on the Amtrak Southwest Chief (Trains 3 & 4) route rose by 5.4 percent to reach a total of 316,668."

Yup, it's about time! Now, we have a very nice looking building! I've been inside the building where Greyhound and Americanos bus stations are. The building is new, well about 2-3 years old, and a food court! Better buy a burrito from the platform.

The numbers in the press release make it sound like 20% of the SWC's passengers have Albuquerque as either their origin or destination. Am I reading that right? "Amtrak carried 66,946 passengers to and from Albuquerque and ridership on the Amtrak Southwest Chief (Trains 3 & 4) route rose by 5.4 percent to reach a total of 316,668."
By my math, that is what they are saying.

The world is always better place when they take Amshacks out of revenue service (assuming its replaced by something else, that is)

The world is always better place when they take Amshacks out of revenue service (assuming its replaced by something else, that is)
Well the real tragedy here has been that the new building serving Greyhound and the Railrunner commuter service has been open for over two years now, if not three. This is a nice shiny new building with bathrooms and other ammenities. In the meantime since no agreement could be reached, Amtrak has stayed in their plan Jane ordinary building while 100 feet away sits this wonderful new building that Amtrak passengers can't use.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, in FY07 33,175 passengers boarded in ABQ and 33,231 got off for a total of 66,946. The total for the SW Chief is correct at 316,668.

Yes, in FY07 33,175 passengers boarded in ABQ and 33,231 got off for a total of 66,946. The total for the SW Chief is correct at 316,668.
That's a daily average of 183 people arriving and leaving. WOW!

This is a good move indeed! Bus lines should serve more train station locations. Would make more business.

Well the real tragedy here has been that the new building serving Greyhound and the Railrunner commuter service has been open for over two years now, if not three. This is a nice shiny new building with bathrooms and other ammenities. In the meantime since no agreement could be reached, Amtrak has stayed in their plan Jane ordinary building while 100 feet away sits this wonderful new building that Amtrak passengers can't use.
There's no Railrunner office in that new building. Just a platform which is located north of Amtrak.

Last edited by a moderator:
The building is new, well about 2-3 years old, and a food court! Better buy a burrito from the platform.
And the food court sells Coke products. Usually by the time I hit ABQ I've had enough Pepsi. Havn't been brave enough to buy a burrito from the platform. A moving train headed out to the middle of nowhere would be a very bad place to get food poisoning.

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back