All About Philadelphia Amtrak Yard.

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amtrak Railfan

OBS Chief
At Philadelphia's Penn Coach Yard What kind of Amtrak Diesels can I find there and What kind Passager Cars can I find there in Philadelphia PA?

You can find P42s, different types of switcher engines and you will probably pretty much see all Amfleet passenger cars there, there could be a couple of old Heritage cars or something odd around the yard too for passenger cars, but the majority is Amfleet.

I want to try a Metroliner, First class! I mean the Acela Express looks pretty sweet too, but i cant pass up the Amfleet charm! :D Maybe someday I will get to ride on both, hopefully!!

P40Power said:
I want to try a Metroliner, First class! I mean the Acela Express looks pretty sweet too, but i cant pass up the Amfleet charm! :D Maybe someday I will get to ride on both, hopefully!!
P40,

If you get the chance, then I highly recomend trying both. While it's not cheap to go first class in either a Metroliner or an Acela, they are both worth trying at least once.

Each train has it's own charms and delights, and first class is the way to go. You should also know that if you take those trips between the right stations, that you get extra points for Amtrak's Guest Rewards program. :)

That's partly how I got all of my points. Points that just paid for one leg of my Auto Train trip back in May.

Well Alan, I gotta get onto the Corridor someday, I dont care if its just a Regional Coach Class trip, I just wanna experience the fast running, fastest Ive been on a train is just the lame old 79MPH :p (Thats booking at a good clip, I dont care what anybody says, that isnt slow!)

P40Power said:
Well Alan, I gotta get onto the Corridor someday, I dont care if its just a Regional Coach Class trip, I just wanna experience the fast running, fastest Ive been on a train is just the lame old 79MPH :p (Thats booking at a good clip, I dont care what anybody says, that isnt slow!)
Well to quote a very famous person, "All good things come to those who wait".

Bottom line, it will happen sooner or later. Plus you're right 79 ain't peanuts either. After all the max speed limit for cars in your neck of the woods is only 65 MPH on an interstate highway.

So your still beating that! :)

gswager said:
65 mph on interstate in your homestate? It's too slow! Here in NM, it's 75 mph in open country! Fortunately, the SW Chief is faster than cars- 90 mph!
Well 65 is the max speed limit here in NY and as far as I know it's also the max in Mass.

Of course I didn't tell you what the drivers were actually doing. :eek: Just what they are supposed to be doing. :D

I have no idea when Im going to Philly!

But yes the max in the interstates here in Mass is 65, at least on the Pike it is. To bad thats faster then the max speed on the entire Boston-Albany rail line, they can only do 60 by rail, and the berkshires slow them down even more!! Car is much faster . . . <_<

Hello there AlanB when are you going to Philadelphia PA on the Acela Express or Metroliner or on a other Amtrak Trains?

Amtrak Railfan said:
Hello there AlanB when are you going to Philadelphia PA on the Acela Express or Metroliner or on a other Amtrak Trains?
Well at the moment I don't have any trips planned to Philly. However when I do go there, I'm generally on either an Acela Express or a Metroliner.

I've probably only been on a regional maybe 4 or 5 times. Usually if I'm riding anywhere on the corridor, I'm in either a Metroliner or an Acela Express.

You might find parts of work trains there. I am not sure about full "built" work trains though.

In terms of seeing E-60's, you can see a few from time to time. I went through there about two weeks ago though and didnt see any.

This Year in May I saw the P42DCs,AEM-7s and others in Philadelphia PA and at Penn Coach Yard can I find the GP40PHs at the Yard?

Well Railfan, why dont you just take another trip there and find out if there are any GP40PHs or whatever other kinds of cars or locomotives that you wanna know about!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back