Amfleet 2's on Maple Leaf/Adirondack

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to be doing a Toronto - New York - Montreal - Toronto roundtrip towards the end of March. I know both the Maple Leaf and Adirondack operate with a mixture of Amfleet 1 and 2's. I've read that it's a crapshoot for the Adirondack when boarding at NYP as to which kind of car you are placed in, what about the Maple Leaf when boarding in Toronto? Does anyone have any recent experience with these trains?

Business class on the Maple Leaf from TWO- NYP is definitely the way to Roll!

The Amfleet Coaches are OK but the Cafe/Biz Class Car with the nice 2x1 Seating is worth the $1 that VIA charges from Toronto to the Border @ Niagara Falls,ON ( technically VIA doesn't have Biz Class on this Train but the Cafe Attendant sells Canadian products including Coke!) and whatever Amtrak charges for the upgrade to NYP is worth it! ( around $32)

Note that a VIA crew operates the Amtrak equipment from Toronto to Niagara Falls, ON and an Amtrak Crew takes over from there to NYP. US Customs and Immigration will be done on the New York side after crossing the Border @ the Amtrak Station.

You will receive 2 tickets for the Maple Leaf since VIA and Amtrak's e- ticketing systems aren't compatible!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm travelling with my 6 year old son, I was thinking Amfleet 2's would be better for him as the windows are larger and would be easier to see out of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back