Amfleet Vs. Superliner Coach Seats

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

benjibear

Conductor
I just took my first ride on a Superliner and I found that the seats were not quite as comfortable as the Amfleet coaches. Is it just me or do others find this as well?

I also found the temperature in the Superliner was very odd. I felt like I was sick because I was cold but sweating as well.

What do others think? Which do you prefer?

Well, you gotta keep in mind, Amfleets came in two series: I and II. In which case, I would go with Amfleet II.

I prefer the Amfleet ll seats also, mainly because there seems to be more padding on the seat that gives a little more comfort for the long hours of sitting. I find that there is more leg room or at least it seems like it on the Viewliner trains.

In my mind I've always thought that the Amfleet II and Superliner Coach seats were the same. As in exactly the same.

They are not the same. The things I found were the seats on the superliner do not touch each other. There is a strip of plastic between the seats so if you are a little wider, you feel this plastic push into you. Also, I could not get the tilt comfortable and the small Amtrak pillow is about useless. I am glad I had a sweat jacket to roll up and use as a pillow. The leg room was not much different compared to the long distance Amfleets.

They are not the same. The things I found were the seats on the superliner do not touch each other. There is a strip of plastic between the seats so if you are a little wider, you feel this plastic push into you. Also, I could not get the tilt comfortable and the small Amtrak pillow is about useless. I am glad I had a sweat jacket to roll up and use as a pillow. The leg room was not much different compared to the long distance Amfleets.
The plastic strip is where I use the Amtrak pillow. I always bring a scrunchie pillow and blanket for my LD trips. If it is not cold I usually sit on the blanket on the superliner trains.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back