Amtrak Acela Turboliner.

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I loved the RTL-II Turboliner Sets because I saw it few times on the Hudson line in Tarrytown NY.

And Also one Question when was the last run for this RTL-II Turboliner Sets?

P40Power said:
Early 2003 the RTL-II made its last runs.
And those runs weren't even under it's own power. The RTL-II was powered by a P32 AC-DM for that last year or so of it's life.

The Turbo had a lot of trouble with its third rail shoes, and the diesel wasn't performing that well. They did however still use the cab of the Turbo when the end without the AC-DM was leading.

battalion51 said:
The Turbo had a lot of trouble with its third rail shoes, and the diesel wasn't performing that well. They did however still use the cab of the Turbo when the end without the AC-DM was leading.
From reports that I heard, the biggest problem was with the diesel motors. They were very unreliable, which is why Amtrak started attaching a P32.

AlanB said:
battalion51 said:
From reports that I heard, the biggest problem was with the diesel motors. They were very unreliable, which is why Amtrak started attaching a P32.
Then when I was in Renssalear heading south on the Adirondack about a year and a half ago or so I saw an RTL-II as it came NB into the station with a P-32 on the point.

Amtrak Railfan said:
Maybe soon I might see this Rebuild Turboliner sets soon in on the Hudson line.
They run every day, so spend some time at the station and you should see a rebuilt Turboliner go by.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back