Amtrak and AT&T

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Falco

Train Attendant
Today I saw a commercial for AT&T's high speed DSL service and it shows a conductor walking up to the engineer while en route and asking, "just how fast is AT&T DSL?" The engineer responds, "How fast?" and pushes the throttle all the way up, everyone is then seen being pressed into the backs of their seats showing the Surfliner going at unimaginable speeds. I'll try and find it somehow (It was on CH 13 air-wave from the Los Angeles area considering I'm in San Diego, thats some good reception)

While you did not see any logos, the uniforms and the train design is unmistakably, the Pacific Surfliner.

You think AT&T gave Amtrak some money to use some of their equipment for shooting said commercial.

And would you think Amtrak gave the idea to AT&T for marketing, or vica versa.

Either way it was a welcome sight to see a new 2000's style commercial featuring our beloved Amtrak.

Edit:

this is the window-washer "Feeling of fast" I'll keep checking it out to see if someone posts the Surfliner version.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's all Surfliner equipment (and L.A. Union Station), EXCEPT for the inside of the cab...nothing looks like that west of the Mississippi!!

Not to mention passengers do not sit in the locomotive!

I saw this commercial and hit rewind a couple of times on my DVR. In the first shot where they show the exterior, something looked weird on the locomotive. Almost like they tried to create it digitally instead of using a real one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back