Amtrak and Google Transit

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gratt

Lead Service Attendant
Hello Everyone! As most of you know various Amtrak routes and services have been added to Google Transit. Personally I think it is great as it helps get Amtrak "get wired" and more accessible to my generation, you know the next generation of AU members and Amtrak riders :D

I thought I would create this thread to document what lines and routes have so far been added, and what is still needed. Also any glitches and issues you have found with Google Transit when it comes to Amtrak.

My hope is as Amtrak puts more of its timetable on Google Transit, people will come back to this thread to notify us of it. :cool: Let's see what happens!

When it comes to our local (100% bus, 0% rail) metro system it's a lot more friendly than the half-arsed site the transportation company put up, but I don't think it works for Amtrak's LD network, correct? At least I can never get it to give me any LD routes from here.

When it comes to our local (100% bus, 0% rail) metro system it's a lot more friendly than the half-arsed site the transportation company put up, but I don't think it works for Amtrak's LD network, correct? At least I can never get it to give me any LD routes from here.
LD is on Google Transit, try LAX to CHI or CHI to NYP. It doesn't appear to want to connect at CHI: LAX-NYP does not work.

Every train is up, but there is a major disadvantage: In the NEC, commuter operations are basically completely hidden. Try NYP-PHL, NJT to SEPTA doesn't show up at all. Shore Line East is included in the Amtrak feed, but NYP-OSB turns up more Amtraks than commuter trains unless one is searching for a time when Amtrak is running infrequently.

Hello Everyone! As most of you know various Amtrak routes and services have been added to Google Transit. Personally I think it is great as it helps get Amtrak "get wired" and more accessible to my generation, you know the next generation of AU members and Amtrak riders :D

I thought I would create this thread to document what lines and routes have so far been added, and what is still needed. Also any glitches and issues you have found with Google Transit when it comes to Amtrak.

My hope is as Amtrak puts more of its timetable on Google Transit, people will come back to this thread to notify us of it. :cool: Let's see what happens!
Well, it's iffy. I don't think it's right that all the trains are in. I've tried all the endpoints and here's what's missing (I think): Cardinal, City of New Orleans, Crescent, Empire Builder, Hoosier State, Illini, Illinois Zephyr, Maple Leaf, Palmetto, Pennsylvanian, Silver Meteor, Silver Star, Sunset Limited, Texas Eagle.

Odd thing: Illini and Illinois Zephyr aren't in, but Carl Sandburg and Saluki are. I can't parse that. Also, for whatever reason Google can't give me KAL-CHI-WAS, even though KAL-CHI and CHI-WAS are in the system.

Well, it's iffy. I don't think it's right that all the trains are in. I've tried all the endpoints and here's what's missing (I think): Cardinal, City of New Orleans, Crescent, Empire Builder, Hoosier State, Illini, Illinois Zephyr, Maple Leaf, Palmetto, Pennsylvanian, Silver Meteor, Silver Star, Sunset Limited, Texas Eagle.

Odd thing: Illini and Illinois Zephyr aren't in, but Carl Sandburg and Saluki are. I can't parse that. Also, for whatever reason Google can't give me KAL-CHI-WAS, even though KAL-CHI and CHI-WAS are in the system.
To test it, click on a station served by a route and see if the train shows up in the bubble. Those routes look to be missing, unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back