Amtrak apologizes

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jdcnosse

Lead Service Attendant
I was just scrolling through Facebook and noticed that Amtrak had a post that was directed towards someone who had difficulties when trying to board. I thought it was really nice that they came forward to apologize for the behavior of their employees, however I think they probably should send a letter or phone call.

screenshot2012072714131.png

Wonder how much of that apology was due to the fact that the complainant was a prominent

pulp fiction author who complained publicly on her Facebook page.

Not that she didn't have a point. But lots of people in the same situation would probably get

nowhere with Amtrak.

If I'd seen a couple in this situation, I would have offered to load the oxygen tanks myself -- and if I couldn't handle it alone, I'd have recruited other passengers. I'm curious as to why nobody offered to help these people. Were they the only two passengers getting on the train?

Last edited by a moderator:
If I'd seen a couple in this situation, I would have offered to load the oxygen tanks myself -- and if I couldn't handle it alone, I'd have recruited other passengers. I'm curious as to why nobody offered to help these people. Were they the only two passengers getting on the train?
It is possible...or if she is the accomplished author that she is, it's possible they were the only ones boarding sleepers (I assume she has the money for them).

However, yes Amtrak could have apologized on facebook because she posted on facebook and the average person might get nowhere, but at least they did apologize, famous or not.

Unfortunately she did discover what we all have discovered. In any business, there are going to be employees who aren't up to par and should be. I probably would feel the same way, especially since they kinda have to help them on the train, due to the ADA. I would assume they'd have to provide at least some assistance since the parents couldn't do it on their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back