Amtrak App question

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rile42

Lead Service Attendant
Is there a way to delete "Recents" stations in the Amtrak Android app in the Train Status page? I'm pretty sure I've done that but can't remember how it was done.

I'm not sure about Android but for the Iphone you can either just right swipe the station you want to delete or touching the favorites star on the station information page toggles it off of favorites.

The recent stations usually vanish from mine after a day or so. This is great in terms of resetting it but somewhat of an inconvenience for those who prefer to keep the stations listed to use over and over.

Interesting note that I have an android phone (personal) and an iPhone (work) and the app interface in both is different. The Train Status in the android version is similar to the mobile Amtrak Website status where you only see the arrival or departure time for the station listed. It also will not display anything that had a service disruption anywhere along the route. The Train Status in the iPhone app is more like the actual Amtrak Website status where you can see the both the scheduled and actual arrival and departure time.

I prefer using the iPhone version as you can find out more information using the Status feature and you can upload your e-tickets into Passbook and use the tickets like that.

Interesting note that I have an android phone (personal) and an iPhone (work) and the app interface in both is different.
That's because they were developed by two different teams with different programmers. The iPhone App was sort of an outgrowth from the team that developed the App for the eTicketing program for the conductors. No real thought was initially given I believe to an App for the Android, until the popularity of the iPhone App caused the demand for Amtrak to rethink things and put out a Droid App.

I had to turn off some stuff in the passbook on the iPhone because it was really annoying. I live, work,and pretty much spend most of my time within 2 miles of the amtrak station in my home city. I kept getting these annoying little push notices that my amtrak departure station was near - because I have a bunch of tickets saved in there departing from PVD. I figured out how to turn it off but yeah, that was annoying.

Took me awhile but I finally remembered. I apologize for not posting in my OP, that it was an Android phone. Anyway, I went to the Applications page under Settings and cleared data. Worked.

I just booked a round trip from Philly to dc. I received my e ticket and anothe em came as a receipt

I can't figure out how to now get these two trips transferred/downloaded to the amtrak app and into MY TRIPS

Help!!

If you booked by phone, they won't show. If you booked online, the should show.

If you want your e-tocket on your device there are ways to save it from the email.

Is there a way to delete "Recents" stations in the Amtrak Android app in the Train Status page? I'm pretty sure I've done that but can't remember how it was done.
I have a problem with them staying! :eek:

Seriously, I wish I could just type the code rather than spin through the alphabet.

Note: Android App.

With my Android app, favorites stay put. With search, the three-letter code works fine.

On a different aspect of the android app, "Buy Tickets/Schedules", "Train Status", and "Trip Lookup" do not work unless I have a WiFi connection. No good with a 4G connection although, I can go to Amtrak's mobile site with the device browser and find that info just fine although not as conveniently. I have to make sure the PDF eTicket is saved on the device as the app can't/won't retrieve it!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a problem with them staying! :eek:Seriously, I wish I could just type the code rather than spin through the alphabet.Note: Android App.
There should be a magnifying glass in the upper right hand corner of the station list in the Android app. That allows you to search by city name or station code.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back