Amtrak at the Crossroads

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amtrak839

Lead Service Attendant
Found this documentary on youtube from 2006 that apparently was never released. Good interviews, interesting C-SPAN footage, much discussion of Amtrak's troubles during the Bush era. Keep in mind this was before we had the stimulus and Obama's passenger rail-friendly administration. Interesting how in a few short years the mentality changed from "How can we keep Amtrak alive?" to "How can we expand and improve Amtrak?".

EZ to see WHY that was never released!

That first ten minutes had me wishing I was in a dentist chair, without novacaine.

I mean there was some nice video shots, but the editing was really poor, and I found myself reviewing the segment of Johnston's explanations. That guy is an A+ writer, but the editing of that piece made him look terrible.

I hope that was just a rough edit since it was never released, but there were some interesting interviews and learned some stuff I didn't know about the formation of Amtrak and some of its political history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back