Amtrak Bus Luggage

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Joanne

The bus I plan to take only has carry on luggage. Amtrak state that:

Size Limit: Each carry-on bag may not exceed 28" x 22" x 14" in size.

Does anybody know how vigilant Amtrak are, and whether they measure the size of bag that you carry on?

Thanks for your help,

Joanne

The bus I plan to take only has carry on luggage. Amtrak state that:

Size Limit: Each carry-on bag may not exceed 28" x 22" x 14" in size.

Does anybody know how vigilant Amtrak are, and whether they measure the size of bag that you carry on?

Thanks for your help,

Joanne
As long as you can carry it and as long as it will fit through the doors
ohmy.gif
, I don't think Amtrak will care.

Don't quote me on that however, restrictions still apply [/fineprint]

"Carry-ons" for a bus is a bit of a misnomer. I've ridden numerous Amtrak buses and they have all offered riders

the chance to store their bags under the bus. You just hand it to the driver curbside and retrieve it curbside at your

destination. (kind of like gate-checking a bag on a smaller aircraft)

In every case I've seen, this can include standard-size suitcases. No one measures. If you can lift

it, it's not too heavy.

But of course, in terms of what you want to carry into the seating area, this is much more limited in size. As with

most buses, the overhead racks are tiny...so you don't want to take any hard-sided suitcases up there.

"Carry-ons" for a bus is a bit of a misnomer. I've ridden numerous Amtrak buses and they have all offered riders

the chance to store their bags under the bus. You just hand it to the driver curbside and retrieve it curbside at your

destination. (kind of like gate-checking a bag on a smaller aircraft)

In every case I've seen, this can include standard-size suitcases. No one measures. If you can lift

it, it's not too heavy.

But of course, in terms of what you want to carry into the seating area, this is much more limited in size. As with

most buses, the overhead racks are tiny...so you don't want to take any hard-sided suitcases up there.
Though I try to avoid Ambuses and take the train, when taking an Ambus I have never had a problem getting all of my luggage on underneath the bus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back