Amtrak California buses no longer marked?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BCL

Engineer
I've been taking these buses a lot in Dec to try to get to 5000 points. However, I've noticed that most of these buses now have the familiar color scheme but are painted over. Some of the buses used are plain white. A few still have the regular markings. Any reason for this?

I also just took a San Joaquin train with a Capitol Corridor ticket. I heard this was possible but hadn't tried it before.

Amtrak California is undergoing a re-branding using the Caltrans Logo with the Amtrak California text in a different font instead of the circular logo with a train and a bus that was used before. Some of the buses in Southern California already have the new logo installed and as new buses come in they are not being tagged with the old logo.

Someone posted an image of the bus in a previous post... I'd like to say it is our friend from Fresno... if you are out there and would like to repost :)

I'm glad to hear the joint ticketing works as well... I always wondered since it was announced way back when and never heard of again.

Amtrak California is undergoing a re-branding using the Caltrans Logo with the Amtrak California text in a different font instead of the circular logo with a train and a bus that was used before. Some of the buses in Southern California already have the new logo installed and as new buses come in they are not being tagged with the old logo.

Someone posted an image of the bus in a previous post... I'd like to say it is our friend from Fresno... if you are out there and would like to repost :)

I'm glad to hear the joint ticketing works as well... I always wondered since it was announced way back when and never heard of again.
It's not printed in the standard schedule, but it is on the CC web schedule. I looked it up before trying it. I also asked at the ticket window where it was confirmed.

http://capitolcorridor.org/included/docs/schedules/071513_train_schedules.pdf

Capitol Corridor tickets are accepted for travel on the San Joaquin service only between Oakland Jack London and Martinez, and San Francisco bus connections.
I needed under 200 points today to make Select, so I took BART into SF and was going to take the bus and train back to Richmond. The 6626 was late and strangely enough I received a call from the SFC station agent on duty. I was talking to him earlier and he probably looked up my reservation info which included my cell phone number. It actually broke down and they didn't bother to send in another bus since it would have taken 30 minutes and wouldn't get us there in time for the next CC. I was tempted to try it out on the 6614 connecting with the SJ. I think they're supposed to accept it, but I don't know how well versed the bus drivers are on accepting CC tickets. In the end I just waited for the 6628, but was there in time for the 714.

I believe the regular CC fares are higher, but not with the (expired) $5 companion fare or the 50% weekend fare. I mentioned the 50% adult weekend fare to the station agent, and he said he'd never heard of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back