Amtrak Cancels its Newspaper Subscription

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The newspapers are just opinion papers full of propaganda garbage.. They will soon go the way of the telegraph, tape recorder, kerosene lamp and other things that are outdated. While I don't read them and don't miss them it is the pettiness of eliminating something so small (that won't have any effect on the bottom line) that bothers me. Some with the dollar flower on the dining car table that are used for at least three seatings at a table where perhaps up to 12 people used.. Amtrak is saving pennies per passenger. Add in that sleeper fares have been rising rapidly and this leaves a very unfavorable taste in my mouth.

Bring back the cranberry juice!!!!
It's really more like "cranberry cocktail," if you can even call it that, but after the second or third cape codder it's all the same to me. ;)
Very strongly agreed, but at least it is better than the Orange Juice as a Mixer. In a pinch the Apple Juice will work. Pour a drinkie and sit back in your Room and relax with the paper; now that's a perfect way to start or finish your train day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back