Amtrak changes times for train to Chicago

• Thread starter Guest_Fan_Trains
  • Start date
Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure how that first link got so messed up by the poster :unsure:

There were several typos and even a botched ellipsis. Anyway, I found the article and replaced it with the correct link at STLToday.com.

I don't know how popular that long layover is going to be with passengers who are traveling from Missouri points to Chicago. Assuming #304 gets into STL on time, they have to sit for 1 hour 35 minutes.

Superliner Diner said:
I don't know how popular that long layover is going to be with passengers who are traveling from Missouri points to Chicago. Assuming #304 gets into STL on time, they have to sit for 1 hour 35 minutes.
Well, the Ann Rutledge is rarely on time anyway.

That train has (more or less) always had a long layover in St. Louis. In reality, it is two separate trains (KC-STL, STL-CHI) that conveniently use one set of run-through equipment. People traveling from Kansas City to Chicago are better off catching the Chief. Those from other points within MO (or those traveling to other points in IL) will just have to deal with the wait. Just think of it as an hour and a half connection, but you get to wait on a train instead of in the station.

Latest posts

Back