Amtrak Corridor Clipper Car.

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, go wait by the tracks and it will be on the next metroliner that passes by.

:rolleyes:

Oops, forgot to log in before I made that last post, which was of course in jest.

The car really has no set schedule, I've been fortunate enough to see it twice since the NE Corridor passes next to my office.

The best chance you have of seeing it is at it's parking place in front of Union Station in Washington.

Steve4031 said:
What is the corridor clipper car? A remodeled version of an Amfleet car? I never heard of this before.
Steve,

The Corridor Clipper is Amtrak's track inspection car. It's full of high tech equipment and video cameras. Attached to the rear of a regular train, it can survey miles of track to check for defects and alignment problems.

Everything is taped, so that experts can slow down the tapes later and look for problems.

AlanB said:
Steve4031 said:
What is the corridor clipper car?  A remodeled version of an Amfleet car?  I never heard of this before.
Steve,

The Corridor Clipper is Amtrak's track inspection car. It's full of high tech equipment and video cameras. Attached to the rear of a regular train, it can survey miles of track to check for defects and alignment problems.

Everything is taped, so that experts can slow down the tapes later and look for problems.
OH yeah!

I knew about this car, I just did not know that it was called the Corridor Clipper. Thanks!

Wait, what's the name of that Business car in Washington then? BTW, Amtrak also has Geometry technology installed on an Acela trainset and on several of the Auto Train automobile carriers.

Anthony said:
The business car is the Beech Grove.
That's right. :)

Beach Grove is number 10001, and is listed as a business car.

The Corridor Clipper is number 10002, and is listed as a track inspection car.

The Acela Express Track Inspection car is number 10003.

You can find the rest of the company cars listed on this list from On Track On Line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back