Amtrak Discount Coupons

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

The Dude

Last year, Amtrak was late for all of the time. They gave us coupons for $500. How does this work?

Call, make the reservation, and take them to the ticket office when you pay for your tickets. They are like cash. Let the reservation agent know when you book it. I would advise that you don't use a travel agent, as they sometimes don't know what to do.

The Dude said:
Can you book it on-line?
Dude,

I believe you are referring to service vouchers, not discount coupons, since you indicate you received them as restitution for late trains.

No, if you are using a service voucher you cannot book online. I wish one could, but the truth is that since a credit card is charged at the time of the online transaction, there is no way for the customer to present the voucher or have that amount deducted from the sale. By the same token, you can't negotiate the voucher at a Quick-Trak vending machine. It has to be done with a human ticket agent in person. You might be able to book by telephone through "Julie" at 1-(800)-USA-RAIL, but don't select the option to buy your tickets by credit card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back