Amtrak Food Service

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
battalion51 said:
Menus for all meals and cycles are available here.
Actually, that's not all of them. When I rode the Builder in December, the menu was menu #4, with T-bone steak as the steak choice. Anyone know of another set of menus that might be floating out there?

In my experience, I have only been in a dining car once during thanksgiving, and it was nothing out of the ordinary. It was what was on the menu.

Does the Cafe Car have like Chicken Nuggets,French Fries,Breakfast Sandwichs?

And also What kind of Soda does the Cafe Car have?

Thank you and please help me on this.

Amtrak Railfan said:
Does the Cafe Car have like Chicken Nuggets,French Fries,Breakfast Sandwichs?

And also What kind of Soda does the Cafe Car have?

Thank you and please help me on this.
Why does it matter? :angry:

For the soda, last I knew Amtrak used Pepsi products so they would have like Pepsi, Moutain Dew, and any other soda made by Pepsi Co.

I look at the Amtrak Food Menu tonight on the Track on line Site and I take a look at the Menu and now I have a Question does the Barbecue Rib Sandwich have on it with Chesse on it?

Amtrak Railfan said:
What kind of food does the Dining Car have on Thanksgiving Day?
I do know that at Christmas time, there was this really wonderful holiday turkey dinner for $11. Lots of turkey, whole cranberry sauce, gravy, stuffing and steamed carrots. Totally worth the price and better than any of the standard fare!

Amtrak Railfan said:
I look at the Amtrak Food Menu tonight on the Track on line Site and I take a look at the Menu and now I have a Question does the Barbecue Rib Sandwich have on it with Chesse on it?
This would likely depend on the specific type of Barbecue Rib Sandwich being carried by the Lounge car. Brands and even specific choices could potentially vary from day to day, based on whatever GateGourmet happens to have in stock. (Though, from what I've seen onboard, they are pretty consistent with the brands)

Think about when you go to the supermarket, and there are several shelves in the freezer aisle of microwaveable sandwiches. The supermarket may carry five or six different brands of sandwiches, and one or two different types of Barbecue Rib Sandwiches.

But, I digress. I will admit I've never seen one with cheese on it.

Is There a Special Van to take the Food to the Amtrak Food Service Cars?

And does somebody have a photo of this van?

Have you ever rode an Amtrak train and if so have you ever dined on-board?

What happens is the LSA checks in about three hours before departure at the comissary for his food and paper work. The food is counted out, paperwork written up and the food is placed onto a truck. From there the food is driven to the train itself and loaded on. One word of advice to new LSA's, count your food after its loaded onto the train, as the loading crew has been known to snatch stuff.

I've just seen a simple white cargo van carry the food for restocking at OKJ.

Dining Car menus do have a childrens section on them (or at least they did, I havent seen the new national menus) with smaller entrees that pertain better to children like mac n cheese, etc.

I believe the two choices (on all cycles) are Mac & Cheese (Kraft) or Chicken Tenders, not bad choices if I do say so myself.

battalion51 said:
I believe the two choices (on all cycles) are Mac & Cheese (Kraft) or Chicken Tenders, not bad choices if I do say so myself.
Yes, those are the 2 choices but kids can order anything on the menu too. If you get a good waiter they will get the portion size reduced if your child wants to order off of the regular menu. At least they did that for us on the CS. Oh, from my expirence you have to ask them what they have for children. They don't offer it, even if a child is obviously sitting in front of them.

Jeez, this discussion almost makes me long for the bi-monthly re-introduction of the "Favorite Paint Scheme" thread.

Almost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back