Amtrak Guest Rewards Mastercard

• Thread starter Guest_shanghaiamtrak
  • Start date
Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Guest_shanghaiamtrak

I got my card today!!!

I was wondering, whats the best way to rack up points?

I see if i order items from one of the merchants in "the online mall" i can get points. so if i get 1 point for each dollars spent from the merchant, do i also still get the 1 point for every dollar for using the credit card? (so im thinking maybe id get a total of 2 pts)??

Congratulations on getting the card! Yes - points from the online milesmall using your milesmall email address and paid for with the Amtrak GR Mastercard would allow you to earn one point per dollar spent on the card plus whatever the milesmall is offering. All everyday purchases will allow you to earn one point per dollar, though, so you can use the card to pay all your regular monthly bills and other stuff and earn points for free Amtrak travel while you are at it.

I wonder, to get double points, do i have to purchase things from jcpenney, target, etc through the online mall or can i buy things from their stores and still get double points?

Purchases must be made through the online mall using your milesmall e-mail address to get double points. The points will still be awarded as one point per dollar for a regular purchase on the card and then one point or so (depending on the retailer - check the milemall page you click through for exact points offered) for making a purchase through the mall with your card. Double points cannot be earned by going directly into the retailers' brick and morter stores and using your AGR card. I wish it were that easy.

I see People get 2 points for each dollar spent on amtrak travel. So if i use my guestrewards credit card do i get 3 points (an additional point for using the credit card?)

You will get two points per dollar spent on Amtrak tickets plus one regular guest reward point per dollar spent on the tickets (+ any regular select or select plus points if you qualify) if you have the PLATINUM mastercard.

If you have the PREFERRED AGR Mastercard you will only get one point per dollar spent on Amtrak tickets plus one regular guest reward point per dollar spent on the tickets (+ any regular select or select plus points if you qualify).

cool. I have the platinum. I didnt know there was two cards. I just applied, and received the platinum one.

Glad to hear you have the platinum one; that's the one I have as well. The preferred card is blue while the platinum card is grey. I think the difference between the two is that the preferred is for cardmembers with a lower credit line but it is essentially the same card and works the same way except, of course, for the double points per dollar spent on Amtrak tickets for platinum cardholders. You can really rack up enough points for free trips quickly just by using the card for all your everyday purchases.

yes ive been using it for all my purchases, and will take an Amtrak trip in December.

testing, ive just officially registered on this site, although ive been here off and on for years.

Back