Amtrak Heritage Coach Cars.

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually saw #190 in New Haven in February 2002 on the way down to Virginia on #95. #190 did have 3 baggages tacked on to the rear, one of which had this really odd placed window.

Ohhh, I've seen that car before, I think it's in the 1200 series, I know I've been in there before, I'll try to figure out what car it is tonight.

battalion51 said:
Ohhh, I've seen that car before, I think it's in the 1200 series, I know I've been in there before, I'll try to figure out what car it is tonight.
It's in Phase IV, smoothsided. I remember seeing it on the internet, but I can't find it's photo.

I'm pretty sure it's car 1126. I don't recall whether it was in Phase III or IV (I usually see the inside more than the outside). But I do remember there was a window towards (what was our) Engineers side at the rear by the rear side door.

Any train that runs with Amfleet I's can have any car in any scheme at any time. Some trains are streamlined schemes, others have all the schemes in their consist, there is no set scheme for any train.

Its been a long time since ALL the Amfleet Is were in a common paint scheme, probably not since 95 because around 95 or 96 they started putting some of the cars into phase IV.

On Amtrak's Coast Starlight does this Train have a Baggage Car between Portland OR to Seattle WA or just the Superliners Cars?

The train does have checked baggage service all the way from Los Angeles to Seattle, what stations they pick up and drop off baggage at is subjuect to change though.

There are currently 59 Heritage cars still considered active by Amtrak. Four cars are high level coaches used on the Heartland Flyer. Five cars are the Pacific Parlour cars used on the Coast Starlight. There is one dome lounge which has not be used for a couple of years now.

Then there are 26 diners/diner grills used on various routes where Amtrak runs single level equipment. There are 22 crew dorm cars also used on the single level routes.

Finally there is one - 11 bedroom sleeper that Amtrak leases to the American Orient Express.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back