Amtrak Logos ...

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RailFanNebraska

Service Attendant
Why is amtrak still useing the pepsi can arrow logo on their stations?? (or the inverted arrow).

I would have made the switch to the new "rolling hills" logo on the stations and signs a long time ago.

I think i would help bring in more passengers; amtrak needs more advertiseing, a new logo on the station when people pass by would make people go "ohh, look at the new amtrak logo, that reminds me, i havent taken a train in a while".

Plus the new one looks sooo much better lol.

RailFanNebraska said:
when people pass by would make people go "ohh, look at the new amtrak logo, that reminds me, i havent taken a train in a while".
Aloha

In my book new logo's only say that the company want to keep it's image fresh and they are waiting to impress...maybe this is why no new logo's or ad's Amtrak is afraid if they sell too many tickets the will have to run trains :rolleyes: :eek: :D :lol:

Maybe I'm alone in this, but I actually prefer the old logo, and always have. Then again, I liked Phase III the best... (no, we're not going to start another poll on this :lol: )

$ $ $ It takes $ to replace all those old logos and that's something Amtrak doesn't have much of right now. They are slowly being replaced as stations are renovated or rebuilt.

432px-BR-logo.svg.png

Despite the fragmentation of Britain's rail network into an infrastructure company and twenty or so operating companies, virtually every station still uses the now defunct logo of British Rail... and with good reason, it's a design classic that few modern day advertising agencies could improve. Although of course, many people like to joke that it symbolised a company with no idea which direction it was heading in... :D

*j*

PS... and TEN NON-TRANSFERABLE-HAPPY-THURSDAY POINTS to the first person who can tell me where this logo appears on active passenger railroad equipment on this (North American) side of the Atlantic....

The cost of changing out the logos in all the stations - interior and exterior is tremendous and not high on the priority list for the Operations group. The cost for updating the "trail blazing" signage is also huge.

All internal and external communications carry the new logo and have for the past 5-6 years, since it has been in existence.

As noted above, as stations are renovated/updated, the changes are made. It's not as though the new logo made the old logo ineffective. As long as people know it is Amtrak, that seems to work.

I believe the old logo is on many state highway signs, and you all know when those are going to get changed.

I personally still favor the old pointless arrow logo, but I must admit, I have slowly gotten to like the new one as well.

Yerry said:
Ontario Northland's former ICE train?
Sorry - it's on the café car microwave and various other bits of on board equipment on board VIA Rail's Renaissance fleet (coaches used on most 'Corridor' trains between Montréal and Québec; sleepers, coaches and ancilliary cars now used on all 'Ocean' services between Montréal and Halifax). These trains were built for the aborted Anglo-French Channel Tunnel sleeper service between London and major European cities.

Close, but no cigar... B)

*j*

I always considered the old logo misleading to a driver. It could suggest "turn right", which could be a disaster in some places.

Especially if you are in a strange city and driving in very crowded situations. You might think it was a genuine direction pointer.

You have to remember that we railfans are used to it , see it splashed all over timetables, etc---non-railfans, not so.

How "new" is the new logo? My girlfriend bought me a Amtrak hat in Glenwood Springs and it has the old logo. I bought a t-shirt of the website and it has the new logo. When was the new logo introduced?

NOL has both logos...the new logo is proudly displayed on the large sign in front of the station, and the old logo is still displayed behind the ticket counter.

The best of both worlds. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back