Amtrak lounge, Los Angeles Union Station

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

Maglev

OBS Chief
Welcome to Amtrak Unlimited!

Last I heard, the lounge was open but snacks and beverages were not self-service and were limited.

Please let us know how your trip goes!

MARC Rider

Conductor
Anybody know the status of the Washington Club Acela? I'm heading for DC tomorrow, and the reduced schedule is going to mean I'm arriving early and will need some place to hang out. If they're not serving food and beverage, does that mean I can pick up a coffee at Starbucks and bring it in? (The Washington Club Acela is pretty hardcore about not allowing outside food.)

crescent-zephyr

Conductor
(The Washington Club Acela is pretty hardcore about not allowing outside food.)
You’re telling me! They wouldn’t let me walk through the lounge with a Jamba Juice to board the train so I had to go to the coach boarding... the lady at the gate there said I had to join the back of the line because “I should have boarded through the lounge”

MARC Rider

Conductor
By the way, the Club Acela in Washington is open. When I was in on Monday morning, I was the only one there. There were a few more people around in the afternoon. The cold drink dispenser is operational, the coffee machine is not. The packaged snacks and fruit they put out were the same as usual.