Amtrak Nationwide Station Pictures Website

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jccollins

Conductor
Hi,

I think I remember a website being mentioned on the forum a while back linking to a website that had pictures of most of Amtrak's stations nationwide. Does anyone remember the address for this site? Thanks.

I should really offer to host the guy's site to get it out of that free prohosting place. Might get him a bit more traffic also.

Thanks Anthony! :D I love that site with all the pictures of the stations. It is great to know what I'll be dealing with when I arrive at a "foreign" station.

Speaking of stations. About the Everett, WA, station. There are two levels of track at the (old) station. I have seen in photos taken during the steam era: the upper-level track was used for eastbound/westbound train (passing through a tunnel underneath downtown Everett), while trains heading north to Vancouver used the lower track. There were stairs and a tunnel to get to the lower level from the station. I thought that was they was they did it up until and including Amtrak. Amtrak Talgo trains use the upper-level track, and there are wyes after the tunnel so the train can turn to the proper direction. Yesterday, I saw a photo of the International under GN that also used the upper-level track. Anybody know when the switch (from using the lower track to go to and from the north) originally took place?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back