Amtrak: News Announcement for Amtrak Midwest Train Fleet

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoshP

Service Attendant
267721249_277107221130555_817513134314374014_n.jpg

The Amtrak Midwest states are continuing a robust testing program with the Siemens Venture railcars starting today on Lincoln Service trains 303 and 306. We expect the new cars to go into revenue service in the first quarter of 2022.

Source: Facebook

I wonder once they go in revenue service, by means all of their coach cars will be removed and relocate to other routes?

Since these cars will be owned by the states (operated by Amtrak) putting them in service gets them out of paying for "car rental" and should make the Amtrak cars available for the rest of the system.

Since these cars will be owned by the states (operated by Amtrak) putting them in service gets them out of paying for "car rental" and should make the Amtrak cars available for the rest of the system.
Maybe finally we can get our Amfleet IIs back to full strength on the Crescent and the Silvers! The Midwest has apparently been sucking up a few of those.

23 Horizons went to the PNW, and they'll be there a few more years. I don't know how many they shifted each from Chicago and from LA.
How many Amfleet IIs are currently deployed in Midwest service or PNW, which coluld getr released with the introduction of the Ventures in commercial service?

Do all of the cars on order go into revenue service in the first quarter, or just some of them? (I think it's 88 cars on the IDOT order if I'm remembering correctly).

Maybe finally we can get our Amfleet IIs back to full strength on the Crescent and the Silvers! The Midwest has apparently been sucking up a few of those.
Same on the Lake Shore Limited, and the Empire Service has been running short and sold-out too.

So to compensate for Chicago's corridor shortages, why did they only steal coaches from eastern LD trains turning business away and not the NEC ? I'll assume this is Stephen Gardner in action.

Empire Corridor trains have always been 5 and 6 cars. Only the Adirondack is not running, which gets them 4 Am-2 coaches, 6 Am-1 coaches and and 2 Am-1 dinettes.

So to compensate for Chicago's corridor shortages, why did they only steal coaches from eastern LD trains turning business away and not the NEC ? I'll assume this is Stephen Gardner in action.

Empire Corridor trains have always been 5 and 6 cars. Only the Adirondack is not running, which gets them 4 Am-2 coaches, 6 Am-1 coaches and and 2 Am-1 dinettes.
Empire Corridor used to be routinely 7 cars (even when it was excessive)

Back