amtrak original talgo trainset

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Amfleet said:
On a side not, where is Joe? Hasn't been around for about a month.
Well Joe went on vacation at the end of October for a week or so. When he returned, he discovered to his dismay, that they had removed the computer he uses at work. He told me that he was going to go out and buy one soon, but I haven't heard from him in about two weeks.

I'm just hoping that someone at Amtrak didn't give him a hard time for posting on the forum. That would be too bad if they did. :(

Viewliner said:
Alan, read my post.
Ok, but only if you read mine. :lol:

We both actually said the same thing, less than a minute apart. It's been about two weeks since I heard from him too.

However, I do find it odd that the computer at work was suddenly removed. Especially since it happened right after he returned to work. Maybe I'm a little paranoid, but it is a little coincidental. :unsure:

AlanB said:
Viewliner said:
Alan, read my post.
Ok, but only if you read mine. :lol:

We both actually said the same thing, less than a minute apart. It's been about two weeks since I heard from him too.

However, I do find it odd that the computer at work was suddenly removed. Especially since it happened right after he returned to work. Maybe I'm a little paranoid, but it is a little coincidental. :unsure:
It's not gone, to quote Joe:

They locked up the office and removed the computer. It had the code data for loco maintenance, so they took it to the loco pit. There's no internet there.
He went on to say:

Almost bought a computer last week but missed the sale. Don't feel like spending $1600 right now, so I'll wait for the sale again.

Viewliner said:
He went on to say:
Almost bought a computer last week but missed the sale. Don't feel like spending $1600 right now, so I'll wait for the sale again.
Thanks. That I didn't know. :)

If you hear from him again, or Joe if you are reading this, check out Dell computers. Take it from a computer guy $1600 is a lot to spend, unless you are getting a computer with a whole lot of bang.

Dell's got very decent computers, with 17" monitors for around a grand. So for $1600, you better be getting a 17" flat screen monitor and the absolute top of the line computer with the biggest hard disk and 512mb of memory, and then some.

I agree, thats what we have, Dell's and they work well. You have to buy directly from them though, which is both good and bad.

I like Dell's so much I have two a desktop and a laptop both bought last year. I did so primarily for ther customer service. I also recommend APC power supplies I have a battery back up and a notebook surge. Their customer support is also very good as I have had problems with my battery back up (acting like a car does with a bad alternator drained two batteries) and both times I've contacted them with the problem thay have been great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back